what we could do | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

what we could do

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
with the spirit of wycombe wanderes.wycombe goalie stockdale comes up for a corner,he shoots and it is handled.up steps 38 year old akinfenwa and scores the penalty to win the game.they may well go down but they fight 'til the end.sort it out management squadron. :furious:

Oct 5, 2013
oldage":22lpt2j1 said:
khennes_904":22lpt2j1 said:
So we should sign Akinfenwa..can’t wait.
Should have years ago. Despite his physique the bloke is a top player.

It’s precisely because of his physique that he’s such a good player - that plus his reading of what movements to make in attacking play, which is top class.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Physical presence.
We all remember Akinfenwa in recent years.
Anyone remember Kevin Francis of Stockport County in the 1990’s?
He also gave us nightmares.

Jul 12, 2016
philevs":17irnfw0 said:
oldage":17irnfw0 said:
khennes_904":17irnfw0 said:

It’s precisely because of his physique that he’s such a good player - that plus his reading of what movements to make in attacking play, which is top class.
What I meant was that Akinfenwa took a lot of stick over his physique but it did not stop him being a top striker. He used his footballing brain to maximum effect and silence his critics.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
davie nine":liqrid60 said:
Physical presence.

Oh I remember Francis. Scored a hat-trick for them in a 4-3 win at Home Park. I think he scored nearly 40 goals for them that season. 6' 7" like Peter Crouch, but unlike Crouch was physically very strong aswell. Absolute nightmare to play against, I am sure. Think he ended up getting a decent move to Birmingham, but he ripped it up at County.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
RKB":3gocho87 said:
davie nine":3gocho87 said:
Physical presence.

Oh I remember Francis. Scored a hat-trick for them in a 4-3 win at Home Park. I think he scored nearly 40 goals for them that season. 6' 7" like Peter Crouch, but unlike Crouch was physically very strong aswell. Absolute nightmare to play against, I am sure. Think he ended up getting a decent move to Birmingham, but he ripped it up at County.

Just looked him up. 117 goals in 198 appearances for Stockport, before moving to Birmingham for 800k. Became a police officer in Calgary, Canada. I bet he didn't get any lip off anyone.

Oct 5, 2013
oldage":10cdr9vs said:
philevs":10cdr9vs said:
oldage":10cdr9vs said:
khennes_904":10cdr9vs said:

What I meant was that Akinfenwa took a lot of stick over his physique but it did not stop him being a top striker. He used his footballing brain to maximum effect and silence his critics.

agreed

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I know one thing, Ainsworth would have got us a lot more than 53 points by now. Still, I'm happy to see if Lowe and his backroom team can learn and turn things around next season.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
They also time-waste until the end. And to be fair, Wycombe are going down and we are (probably) staying up... so I know which team I'd rather have.

Would bet very big money on us finishing ahead of them next season too.

Apr 1, 2009
Biggs":1cedwba3 said:
They also time-waste until the end. And to be fair, Wycombe are going down and we are (probably) staying up... so I know which team I'd rather have.

Would bet very big money on us finishing ahead of them next season too.

I might be seriously tempted there, Biggs, if you really mean it.