RL's interviews | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

RL's interviews

Dec 16, 2004
I know most managers talk in cliches but I cannot take much more of:

"I'm mates with the opposition manager (who gives a f~ck)"

"I respect the opposing team and they will do the right things"

"We will gives the "group" a plan with patterns of play and they need to execute it"

"The "group" are all together in this and we win as one and lose as one".

I'm seriously beginning to veer towards the school of "emperor's new clothes"

Hankering after a Ferguson, Sturrock, Warnock etc. type of manager.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I ended up switching of his pre match interview for Saturday as i have no appetite for his repeated sound bytes

He is not saying anything new- he was sat in that chair because he was obligated- he probably knew what he was going to be asked so he had is answers ready & raring to go

His cheeky chappy demeanour has well & truly worn of on me - infact i am now finding him rather irritating

He must think - if i say this & that that will pacify the green army

Well RL as Shania Twain sang """that dont impress me much"

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
"Looking forward to locking horns", "going toe to toe". :)

To be fair during Covid times the pre and post match interview videos are all that the club can produce and we've become too familiar with them, watching the same format, there's only so much that can be said. Perhaps Nancekivell or Schumacher could do a few interviews?

Jul 14, 2008
What do you want him to say? We play around 55 games a season, he can’t come up with something original every time. At least what he says makes sense, the last manager used to always say the performance was excellent even when it was appalling - that is far more annoying.

Oct 5, 2013
lyndhurst13":2ppfdr1d said:
I know most managers talk in cliches but I cannot take much more of:

"I'm mates with the opposition manager (who gives a f~ck)"

"I respect the opposing team and they will do the right things"

"We will gives the "group" a plan with patterns of play and they need to execute it"

"The "group" are all together in this and we win as one and lose as one".

I'm seriously beginning to veer towards the school of "emperor's new clothes"

Hankering after a Ferguson, Sturrock, Warnock etc. type of manager.

I know exactly what you mean.

Oct 5, 2013
Herts_Green":2yt5shsv said:
What do you want him to say? We play around 55 games a season, he can’t come up with something original every time. At least what he says makes sense, the last manager used to always say the performance was excellent even when it was appalling - that is far more annoying.

Fair point.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Do I want to hear him speak the truth? Yeah of course

Do we think we could do so much better? For sure

Do I dislike like him asking himself questions? Listen, that’s the reality of it.

Aug 24, 2009
Lowe is the worse manager I have ever seen for slateing his players, regardless what he thinks he was absolutely disrespectfull after the game on Tuesday. His man management is really poor, to give an interview to-day going back on what he said on Tuesday just shows what a bad manager he is. Does he really think experienced players will want to play for him when the moment they have a bad game he slates them in public, I would suggest all the showman attitude he displayed is coming to an end and for me I hope his tenure with us does the same. A terrible manager who is akin to the naughty schoolboy who consistently suggest it is not me , it is the others. He as to go.

Sep 2, 2008
'Its not just them, its us, We're a group, we win together, we lose together' (except when I publicly throw you under the bus for not following game plans).

So this week Mr Ryan Lowe is selling us; - togetherness and joint accountability.

I can already hear the post match chat after Oxford beat us 3-0. I'm sure it will be positive and he'll comment on how the boys took onboard what we said but just a few individual errors cost us. Overall though he'll be happy because the effort and desire was there. Never mind that we lost 3-0. The fact we didn't lose 6-0 shows improvement.

I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
charlieboy":3fbvzul3 said:
Lowe is the worse manager I have ever seen for slateing his players, regardless what he thinks he was absolutely disrespectfull after the game on Tuesday. His man management is really poor, to give an interview to-day going back on what he said on Tuesday just shows what a bad manager he is. Does he really think experienced players will want to play for him when the moment they have a bad game he slates them in public, I would suggest all the showman attitude he displayed is coming to an end and for me I hope his tenure with us does the same. A terrible manager who is akin to the naughty schoolboy who consistently suggest it is not me , it is the others. He as to go.

:funny: :funny: :funny: How many managers have you watched interviewed? 1?

Jul 12, 2016
Herts_Green":32pnfnps said:
And how different is that to Lowe repeatedly telling us he has a group of honest boys who have a bit of a soft side who will learn from their mistakes! He keeps feeding the fans b.llsh.t and some hang on to his every word.

Jul 12, 2016
charlieboy":1ptrt9kr said:
His only mistake was not sticking to his original stance. The players should be ashamed of themselves and to make out that reporting to HP at 8am the next day was not a punishment is pathetic.Like the players Lowe needs to grow a pair.

Sep 3, 2009
I just really hope there is a combination of results this weekend which means we cannot go down.

I think everyone - fans, players, management, administration - need to be able to draw a line under this season and re-group for brighter days ahead.