What is Ryan Lowe's greatest attribute? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

What is Ryan Lowe's greatest attribute?

Apr 1, 2009
I'm bored to tears with the same criticisms of Lowe, whether warranted or not, being trotted out time after time. I'm equally bored with the same excuses for him (young, inexperienced, away from home, covid etc) , being regularly repeated, whether relevant or not. If I were him, I certainly wouldn't want those trying to be supportive having to resort to excuses. I'd much rather they concentrated on the positives.

So, what is Ryan Lowe's greatest attribute as Manager of Argyle? I don't want lists, I don't want essays, just a single sentence at most, even a single word, describing one major quality he brings to the job.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Unquestionably his ability to connect with his players, the supporters and build a feel good atmosphere throughout the club. A senior player at the club told me privately he's never been at a club/in a team with such a high enjoyment factor and a focus on togetherness. I said on another thread, even though we're playing poorly, I've never sensed any toxicity from the players or indeed from supporters. Having that feel good atmosphere is vital if you're going to make it through the rough patches.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Cobi Budge":22j2ahxc said:
Unquestionably his ability to connect with his players, the supporters and build a feel good atmosphere throughout the club. A senior player at the club told me privately he's never been at a club/in a team with such a high enjoyment factor and a focus on togetherness. I said on another thread, even though we're playing poorly, I've never sensed any toxicity from the players or indeed from supporters. Having that feel good atmosphere is vital if you're going to make it through the rough patches.

The same ones he called boys as opposed to proper men the other day?

Dec 16, 2004
Cobi Budge":3r8rh5gr said:

Well, I'm really glad the players are having a fun time and "feel good", as long as they're happy that's all right then.

I actually think this is Lowe's greatest weakness. I can inagine him saying to the players that he is sorry he lambasted them to the press but he didn'treally mean it.

Flippin 'eck!!!

Jul 12, 2016
lyndhurst13":190z9i07 said:
Cobi Budge":190z9i07 said:

Well, I'm really glad the players are having a fun time and "feel good", as long as they're happy that's all right then.

I actually think this is Lowe's greatest weakness. I can inagine him saying to the players that he is sorry he lambasted them to the press but he didn'treally mean it.

Flippin 'eck!!!
And take them up to the Hoe for an ice cream. Bless'em :facepalm:

Koala Green

šŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡¦šŸ‡ŗ
āœ… Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
The ability to shoehorn in the phrase ā€œdifferent classā€ into every interview!

May 11, 2019
Giving a mean fist pump, although he might find now that the honeymoons over these arenā€™t quite so popular!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":17p4w4nb said:
i would say the atmosphere with the supporters is far from feel good cobi.

Princerock

ā™£ļø PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Cobi Budge":1nqs6kc8 said:

Are you deliberately trying to start an argument.....I have checked the date and April fools day was over three weeks ago.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Cobi Budge":15t99h5k said:

This could be the problem.

This nice club feeling, good atmosphere and enjoyment can sometimes be seen as a soft touch.

Iā€™m all for the above in the fright areas but sometimes you need to have a ruthless edge and be separate from the ā€˜ladsā€™.

Heā€™s a manager and whilst itā€™s fantastic to have a good relationship with the players itā€™s also important to have that clear divide from friend and boss.