NO iFollow next season - Argyle going it alone Page 3 on | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

NO iFollow next season - Argyle going it alone Page 3 on

Aug 31, 2006
I have really enjoyed the ability to watch all of Argyle's games this season via iFollow, albeit not a pleasurable experience most of the time.

Sorry if already mentioned but does anyone know if iFollow will continue for Argyle next season?

I understand it wont make sense in Season Ticket sales but still wonder if this will be made available next season.

Oct 15, 2017
baggy":r0tebj8x said:
I have really enjoyed the ability to watch all of Argyle's games this season via iFollow, albeit not a pleasurable experience most of the time.

Sorry if already mentioned but does anyone know if iFollow will continue for Argyle next season?

I understand it wont make sense in Season Ticket sales but still wonder if this will be made available next season.

I hope so, I have a relative in his seventies who has supported argyle since he was 11 but due to some very serious health conditions has not been able to visit Home park since 2019 through ifollow he was able to watch his beloved team every week, like many other unfortunate supporters. :clap:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
At the last virtual Fans Forum Andrew Parkinson said the EFL were asking clubs about the future of Ifollow and the stance from Argyle was that they wanted all games screened including in the UK.

I guess watch this space and also see what happens when the season ticket package is announced.

Parkinson also said Ifollow only accounts for 30% of the usual match day revenue when fans attended games.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
PL2 3DQ":b3co4zf7 said:
At the last virtual Fans Forum Andrew Parkinson said the EFL were asking clubs about the future of Ifollow and the stance from Argyle was that they wanted all games screened including in the UK.

I guess watch this space and also see what happens when the season ticket package is announced.

Parkinson also said Ifollow only accounts for 30% of the usual match day revenue when fans attended games.
I think it's been brilliant to be able to watch our team during the Lockdown. I'm sure there are a number of fans who for various reasons would be unable to visit Home Park and would love to continue watching both home and away games on ifollow.

Apr 1, 2009
No objection to it continuing for those to whom it provides an opportunity they wouldn't otherwise have. It is, however, a truly soulless way of watching football.

Feb 8, 2005
If crowds are allowed to return to stadia, then I can 't see iFollow being allowed to show the game live on a Saturday afternoon 3pm kick-off.

I can see it reverting to mid-week games only, though.

Aug 4, 2011
I personally don’t think it should be easily obtainable once stadia are fully re-open. I understand there are some people through health, work, distance that would benefit but we’d be in danger of creating the very arm chair supporter lower league clubs bemoan.

Home and away attendances would suffer if someone could easily watch 2 games from their living room for the cost of watching one live (and that’s just the ticket money).

Oct 5, 2013
The experience of attending a match is so much better than watching on iFollow that I think Argyle are wise to try and get all matches screened so that everyone is able to watch, because the large majority of fans will still prefer to attend matches.

Oct 5, 2013
The other thing is I always arrive around an hour before kick-off as I enjoy the whole atmosphere and build-up, plus with the new pre-match entertainment planned will mean that 25 quid for 3 hours is entertainment great value.

Oct 5, 2013
And lastly it may well be that there are crowds next season but that they are limited to half or a quarter capacity, so it’s important we have coverage of every match on iFollow as a backup.

Apr 9, 2011
philevs":2mg4ndv0 said:
And lastly it may well be that there are crowds next season but that they are limited to half or a quarter capacity, so it’s important we have coverage of every match on iFollow as a backup.
Agree entirely ,it will be great if supporters are allowed the freedom of choice. Many ",including myself" who are getting on a bit now will maybe not feel comfortable attending matches for possible obvious health concerns following this pandemic

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
xmastree":91t5xwur said:
No objection to it continuing for those to whom it provides an opportunity they wouldn't otherwise have. It is, however, a truly soulless way of watching football.

I think it'd be better to watch online with a crowd in the stadium, to be fair.

I really hope they're allowed to continue it and I'm glad to see Parkinson pushing for it - for those of us based 500+ miles away it's been a godsend. I've seen more of Argyle this season than I have for years!

Feb 13, 2021
I think it would be bad news to have iFollow next season! Too many TV hacks to be able to watch for free and surely it would effect attendance for those sat on the fence if they should go or stay in thier man cave (extremely popular since lockdowns) and watch with friends!
Expats around the world for sure should be able to watch their team!
Also a bigger long term problem (in my opinion)
Is kids football on a Saturday! Like lots of towns and Cities around the country it should be a Sunday kids league! So they can watch their home team on a Saturday!

Feb 13, 2021
I think it would be bad news to have iFollow next season! Too many TV hacks to be able to watch for free and surely it would effect attendance for those sat on the fence if they should go or stay in thier man cave (extremely popular since lockdowns) and watch with friends!
Expats around the world for sure should be able to watch their team!
Also a bigger long term problem (in my opinion)
Is kids football on a Saturday! Like lots of towns and Cities around the country it should be a Sunday kids league! So they can watch their home team on a Saturday!

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I only manage to make about half the home games in a season and never go away so for me I'd be pleased if I was able to watch the other games on iplayer. There will be others like me I'm sure, so our revenue into the club would increase. However, If (as seems likely) it negatively impacted on attendances, then not only might overall income drop but the atmosphere would suffer at matches.