Social media boycott

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
No tweets from the club and EFL/Premier League clubs from Friday 30 April to Monday 3 May.

Statement.

A shame for the fans who follow Argyle match scores on Twitter.

May 22, 2006
It's a shame x-isle isn't here much any more, because I could tell him how bloody right he always was about social media.

It was never a great idea and it's become increasingly toxic. I'm actually surprised that footballers even bother having accounts on these sites. Just give the basement dwellers a space to get their anger out and ignore them.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We have two ex Managers who read this site, a player’s Mum and also another player’s Sister.

These are the one’s we know of.

So they not post but they certainly read what is being said.

:wave:

Oct 5, 2013
IJN":37k1eaia said:
We have two ex Managers who read this site, a player’s Mum and also another player’s Sister.

These are the one’s we know of.

So they not post but they certainly read what is being said.

:wave:

That is very interesting indeed.
In my opinion:
If anyone slags off a professional footballer and calls them “rubbish”, you can be sure they do not have a clue what the standard required to become one is like.
Players can play poorly and lose form or fitness, but no professional player is “rubbish”. If they were, they wouldn’t be a pro.
Their performance, however, can be very poor or call it ‘rubbish’ if you like, or they may not be good enough to play at a certain level, but this does not mean they are “rubbish” footballers.
Perhaps some posters would do well to have a re-think about what they say at times.

C

Cult Of Personality

It's an absolutely stupid boycott.. you think that the people who abuse players on social media are going to stop because clubs and player take 4 days off.

Even if social media companies take more measures . People will always find a work around .

What they should have done is 4 days of postive action . Keep hammering down the message that rascism sexism and homophobia is wrong

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Cult Of Personality":2aut8rw7 said:
It's an absolutely stupid boycott.. you think that the people who abuse players on social media are going to stop because clubs and player take 4 days off.

Even if social media companies take more measures . People will always find a work around .

What they should have done is 4 days of postive action . Keep hammering down the message that rascism sexism and homophobia is wrong

Disagree completely. They've been doing that for years and it's clearly had no effect. This boycott is making people stop and think, and it's generated publicity. I'm all for it.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
monkeywrench":nqshpag4 said:
Cult Of Personality":nqshpag4 said:

Disagree completely. They've been doing that for years and it's clearly had no effect. This boycott is making people stop and think, and it's generated publicity. I'm all for it.
Yeah but THIS vital weekend? How are we supposed to mock the afflicted when we A) beat Sunderland and 2) results conspire to keep a 1 division gap between Devon's "Finest" for another season? :think:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I have never understood the fixation or fascination with social media- i have never been interested in setting up a social media account.

Infact this forum is the only online posts i do

I fully understand why this boycott is taking place as it is clear some people have no grasp that there will be consequences for being a faceless keyboard warrior spouting unacceptable, hateful,ignorant vile abuse

They would not have the bottle to do it face to face so why do they think it is totally acceptable via the internet

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
There will always be the keyboard coward's who will continue to post disgusting posts.

Media companies need to make it harder to set up an account and easier to identify those who do.

Gov needs to create more legislation to convict those who write such garbage and cyber bully.

Social media can be good if regulated properly

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
mutley marvel":3jqhuivh said:
I have never understood the fixation or fascination with social media- i have never been interested in setting up a social media account.

Infact this forum is the only online posts i do

I fully understand why this boycott is taking place as it is clear some people have no grasp that there will be consequences for being a faceless keyboard warrior spouting unacceptable, hateful,ignorant vile abuse

They would not have the bottle to do it face to face so why do they think it is totally acceptable via the internet
Some on social media are not faceless though. They are who they say they are and their posts are personal to them. However, there are also folk who are not all they make out to be. Multi's even.
They are the snakes to watch out for Mr Marvel.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
What I find remarkable, after all this time and with the growing problems related to abuse etc by some social network users, the providers (eg Facebook, Twitter etc) do not have a clear, published code of conduct for those users that they enforce. The SN companies are able to relentlessly ping personally selected advertising at users and yet they argue that removing offensive posts and posters is fraught with difficulty. Most abuse contains recognised offensive words. If it is possible to direct advertising using key word/phrase algorithms then why is it not possible to use the same system for online abuse?