Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Argyle TV/website/streaming discussion thread

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
GreenThing":2q5z2h08 said:
Look like they are dropping iFollow for their own service.

Seem to recall Hallett saying that he hoped to continue the ability to show all games online and not just tuesdays. Hopefully this is step in that direction. Would be a serious game changer for us exiles.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sounds good and the obvious influence of Trevor East behind it. Most Premier League clubs use the same streaming service.

A new website as well which has been much needed for years, although content is king and whether because of furlough or lack of staff the website written content has been sparse this season, which is understandable if it's due to Covid.

Reactions: coolswampy
Feb 8, 2005
Brilliant. Just what we want. Provided that EFL don't get their asses in their hands and put PAFC at a disadvantage because of the split from iFollow.

Looking forward to seeing what we can do. We can certainly provide a better quality match day service for home matches, but will we have to rely on iFollow for watching away games, or will we be able to take ours with us?

This season not over yet, but I'm getting excited about next season already.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
ArgFollow :scarf:

As I said on the iFollow thread, I love home games 'live' but happy to pay for away as I can't attend. Also handy if you are ill, indisposed or whatever and would otherwise miss a home game. :scarf:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Sounds good, though like others I'm not sure whether we're contractually obligated to use iFollow as an EFL club.

Obviously not!

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
jimsing":3ua7x5j2 said:
Brilliant. Just what we want. Provided that EFL don't get their asses in their hands and put PAFC at a disadvantage because of the split from iFollow.

Looking forward to seeing what we can do. We can certainly provide a better quality match day service for home matches, but will we have to rely on iFollow for watching away games, or will we be able to take ours with us?

This season not over yet, but I'm getting excited about next season already.

This was also the first question that popped into my head.

When iFollow started - and I think this is still the case - some clubs chose to do their own thing. Lo and behold, iFollow subscribers couldn't watch those away games. Will this now be the case for all away games or will we find a way to patch those feeds into our service, with Argyle paying the away side?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Given that The Chairman watches via streaming, I doubt the new service will only provide home matches.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd be willing to pay decent money for an away 'Season Ticket'.

I'm not quite sure how that would work though, surely iFollow could tell PAFC to 'do one' couldn't they?

Love to see us booting iFollow though, poo service in my opinion.

P

Paranoid Android

Another big step forward in Halletts vision. This guy really is the man. coyg :cool:

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
I'm old enough to remember the first centralised online content back in 2001 (I think). Argyle World/Argyle Player was the branding. Those FL clubs that had signed up for it - the vast majority of them - were tied into a 25 year contract to a company I think were called Premium TV. I'm assuming that either in the multiplicity of selling on of rights to different companies that was renegotiated, or my memory fails me and the contract was only 20 years, which possibly explains Argyle branching out on their own. If the latter is the case, I wonder how many more clubs will be doing the same?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wonder if they have an Argyle Forum?

Hope our members stay loyal to us. :greensmile: :wave:

Jan 27, 2012
I hope there is Amazon Firestick support.

Whether this is a good move will depend on how well the streaming works and how easy it will be to access on various devices. That's why YouTube is always a reliable option- whilst it would involve giving even more money to Google at least they are an organisation with the capacity to support a very wide range of devices and keep their services updated.

May 22, 2006
Current rules (pre COVID) are that you cannot broadcast Saturday 3pm kick offs in the UK. This was temporarily lifted for COVID. Does anybody know if the rules will change for next season, otherwise it might only be midweek games that will be available in the UK.