Q & A New Media set up. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Q & A New Media set up.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The club have reached out and asked if we'd like to run a Q&A regarding the news today.

So, could you please ask your questions and we'll send them to the club for them to answer.

:thumbup:

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Very good of the club to reach out and ask PASOTI to do this, more engagement from the club :clap:

As to my question: what are the club hoping to offer in their streaming service? Is it purely a replacement for iFollow (i.e. purely stream the match) or will there be more of a build-up with guests and a host and half time talk etc... (I noticed Leyton Orient do something like this)?

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I currently pay for my i-follow audio pass on a yearly basis

With this new service will you combine the i-follow pass i hold with online streaming for home & away matches as i am a exile

If so will the various packages you offer be payable as either a yearly subscription or a monthly subscription

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Will the streaming service offer coverage of all competitions at first team level?

Is there an intention to stream non first team matches too? Thinking Academy and Women's team for example.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I am a iFollow season ticket holder living in Canada, the service i now receive from iFollow is very good and i do not have any of the problems that seem to occur with UK members, so will this new service be as good or better than what i have been receiving from iFollow.
Also what roughly will be the cost of this service.
Another question this service you will be providing will be fine for home games but how will you handle away games will you just be hooking into the home teams iFollow feed.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Does this news indicate that the club anticipate the Saturday 3pm embargo being ended or relaxed to allow all fixtures to be streamed, even once stadia are full again?

Also, will reciprocal arrangements be in place across the whole of the League so that away games can be streamed regardless of the different providers clubs may be with?

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
I think this is a great move and I would certainly back up other calls to make the service more complete in terms of match streaming with chat pre match, half time and at full time.

My question is will the club's commentary team feel free to criticise performances, or maybe tactics, if and when appropriate?

Understandably being employed directly by the club, and having strong relations therefore with those in the club, would make anybody feel reticent to publicly question certain players/spells of games, etc, but it's really essential to the fan base, I think, that the club encourage the commentary team to say what they like at all times without it being held against them. It's just opinions at the end of the day!

Please don't take this as a dig at the comms team currently who do good job, it's just an observation really that sometimes really laboured performances aren't 'called out' as they may legitimately be, which can make watching (or listening) even more frustrating than it already is.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Liam Vercoe":483shawv said:
Very good of the club to reach out and ask PASOTI to do this, more engagement from the club :clap:

As to my question: what are the club hoping to offer in their streaming service? Is it purely a replacement for iFollow (i.e. purely stream the match) or will there be more of a build-up with guests and a host and half time talk etc... (I noticed Leyton Orient do something like this)?

Personally , I would be more than happy to just get coverage of the game ala IFollow. No build up required as it is tough enough having to be awake for the game at 4am let alone any preamble that would invariably add to the cost.
Keen to know if a full replay would be available and when.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Ottawa Green":15iuj5ny said:
I am a iFollow season ticket holder living in Canada, the service i now receive from iFollow is very good and i do not have any of the problems that seem to occur with UK members, so will this new service be as good or better than what i have been receiving from iFollow.
Also what roughly will be the cost of this service.
Another question this service you will be providing will be fine for home games but how will you handle away games will you just be hooking into the home teams iFollow feed.

100% what a fan in Aussie wants to ask too.

In addition I want to ask about a spoiler alert
function for games.

This to this due to time zones, I actually get up at 2am until 4am Sunday morning for half the season to watch the game live. It ruins my Sundays and sleep. There is no spoiler alert for Argyle games so I cannot wake up and watch the game without knowing the score. Look at Kayo sports streaming service they have this function which means I can watch sport “live” at a sociable hour in my time zone. This would be a massive
Improvement plus I could actually have the kids (future Aussie Argyle fans) watch the games too.

May 16, 2016
Will this cost us more to use ?

Will it just be a home game service or can we expect the same content for away games ?

Will there be additional content other than highlights during the week ?

Will the cheaper Audio only service remain ?

Will the whole match replay option remain ?

Jan 30, 2016
Choice of commentators will be important. In my opinion knowledgeable ex-players like David Fox and Branston were very good. They are objective. I dislike those that cannot bring themselves to criticism of the team.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Will users be able to "cast" the stream from their computer or devices to their television?

Apr 1, 2009
AlanMS":3sonkztx said:
Choice of commentators will be important. In my opinion knowledgeable ex-players like David Fox and Branston were very good. They are objective. I dislike those that cannot bring themselves to criticism of the team.

Agreed. Please no current players. Please, please, please no "Gaz" Sawyer.