Luke McCormick | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Luke McCormick

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Just wanted to start a thread to thank Luke for his service under difficult circumstances
350 games after next week is superb especially with his issues

He has loved our club and its now his club too

Well done Luke good luck going forward and thanks for the memories !

Mar 23, 2008
Absolutely, great servant. Has obviously had a difficult time but carried himself well and a very good keeper. Would be good, as well as Gary Sawyer if he was integrated at the club in some capacity.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'm not sure what his role in a different department will be? Darren Behcet joined earlier this season as first team keeper coach and Rhys Wilmot moved to the Academy so those roles are filled unless one is leaving or needs help?

Whatever role McCormick has next season I think he will still be registered as a player just in case he's needed.

It also looks like Jack Ruddy has already left the club because he hasn't been in any recent training ground photos so he probably won't be the back up keeper next season.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
We can't just find jobs for former players unless they are the best person for the role. A new 2nd keeper is needed for next season for sure. McCormick and Sawyer have both given the club excellent service but time to look forwards now.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
saxman":j310qalz said:
How old is Luke? That save today proved he is still pretty agile, and goalies tend to outlast outfield players.
He'll be 38 in August.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He's been a brilliant servant to the club and from what I've heard, behind the scenes as second choice this season he's been fantastic for Cooper and the other younger players. I grew up watching him between the sticks, he was my favourite player during his first and his second spell. It was great to see him pull on the shirt again today, though it's a shame it was in an empty stadium, and I felt for him because it was a fine save just before their third, but nobody followed in and the tap in was far too easy.

Apr 1, 2009
jerryatricjanner":2r5bdnol said:
We can't just find jobs for former players unless they are the best person for the role.

Totally agree. Whenever an ageing player features on one of these "new contract or release" threads, people say things like "player/coach", or "back-up/coaching" without any serious investigation into whether the individual can coach, or indeed wants to! For some reason people think we owe it to long-terms stalwarts to employ them in some manufactured role for a year or two. If they are the best for a role, I've no problem, but merely "jobs for the boys" employment shouldn't be on.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
xmastree":3cow08lg said:
jerryatricjanner":3cow08lg said:
We can't just find jobs for former players unless they are the best person for the role.

Totally agree. Whenever an ageing player features on one of these "new contract or release" threads, people say things like "player/coach", or "back-up/coaching" without any serious investigation into whether the individual can coach, or indeed wants to! For some reason people think we owe it to long-terms stalwarts to employ them in some manufactured role for a year or two. If they are the best for a role, I've no problem, but merely "jobs for the boys" employment shouldn't be on.

Lowe didn't actually say in his post-match interview what McCormick's role will be in the 'different department'. We'll have to wait and see what it is.

Dec 3, 2005
Was Cooper injured today or not?
It is sad that he will not be able to say he played EVERY MINUTE of his first season for Argyle.

I see the sentiments involved with Luke, but I also believe that appearances should be earned.

I don't like England throwing Caps around like confetti, it devalues appearing for England imho.

So if Cooper was injured fair enough.

Aug 5, 2016
djg145":3o7gns1e said:
It is sad that he will not be able to say he played EVERY MINUTE of his first season for Argyle.

I see the sentiments involved with Luke, but I also believe that appearances should be earned.

I don't like England throwing Caps around like confetti, it devalues appearing for England imho.

McCormick moved house to come back to Argyle and mentor Cooper. He had played half a season for Swindon when he made that choice.

He has sat and watched Cooper play every minute for 50+ games. Surely you can’t begrudge him a match so he can see where he is at competitively, to see whether he can still compete at this level?

Other second keepers get to play in cup matches and start in finals, some get rotated to have some first team exposure. McCormick has had none of that and now apparently isn’t even allowed a run out in a meaningless dead rubber fixture. A sad attitude I think.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Cooper’s consistency has been brilliant, especially without any competition for his place, a silver lining to this underwhelming but not disastrous season.

But that’d seem unlikely to stretch a second season, those weaknesses will be more frequently probed, hopefully behind a brand new defence which can protect better.

A decent backup would seem sensible.

Assuming we sign a proper left back and Law is some competition for them, you’d want an equivalent of Law for the keeping position, right.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
djg145":35x3ile3 said:

You may be best not reading this then.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/ ... th-5366897

Apr 9, 2011
xmastree":12gw1fxt said:
jerryatricjanner":12gw1fxt said:

Entirely agree. We are top heavy with mediocre back room staff as it is