Grant is open to extending his Argyle career | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Grant is open to extending his Argyle career

Jun 27, 2019
Doesn't sound like the most emphatic 'sign me up' interview, does it? Obviously it's not just up to him, but his comments remind me of when Ruben Lameiras was asked if he would be staying two summers ago.

I reckon he'll be off.

Apr 1, 2009
Until he's offered anything, there's nothing he can say. An article that tells us absolutely nothing at all. The close season is, almost, here.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
WoodsyGreen":2gswzdn7 said:
Doesn't sound like the most emphatic 'sign me up' interview, does it? Obviously it's not just up to him, but his comments remind me of when Ruben Lameiras was asked if he would be staying two summers ago.

I reckon he'll be off.

It reads like a sign up interview to me. So I reckon he'll sign.
I've got a nice pen here, borrow that Conor and get signed bhey!! :scarf:

Sep 2, 2008
WoodsyGreen":353j7ksy said:

I reckon he'll be off.

Danny Mayor said similar. I think they will both be off for different reasons.

Its no surprise to me that Grant has upped his game in his final season with us. Suggests to me that he is keen to move on and needed a good season to show what he can do. I think he's had long enough being down here and will look closer to home.

As far as Mayor is concerned; looking at his age I reckon his next move is going to be close to his last move before settling down so I think he will be looking for a nice Contract nearer home.

I think Lowe is going to be landed with a major re-build of the team which can only mean another season struggling in league one.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Hopefully he well sign but I would not be surprised if he didn't. I think his agent well have quite a few options for him this summer.

Jun 27, 2019
Keyham Pilgrim":3ug7adag said:
Hopefully he well sign but I would not be surprised if he didn't. I think his agent well have quite a few options for him this summer.

I'd imagine so. His versatility will make him an attractive option in the current climate - he's more than capable of playing in five different positions (LB, LWB, DM, CM, LM).

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think Conor Grant will stay personally. As will Danny Mayor.

With a bit of decent recruitment (primarily defensive) we are perfectly placed start the season well and get those crowds back and start getting full houses against the bigger clubs in this division. I genuinely believe we'll be a decent side next season, and I'm hoping that Lowe can sell the dream to the players he wants to keep on board to take us to the next level.

Apr 1, 2009
Why do people say "I think he will stay/go" on threads like this, when they have no idea whatsoever? Serious question. If Grant is to be believed, he doesn't know himself!

I'll exempt Steve Evans, who never says anything remotely speculative.

Sep 22, 2020
i am afraid connor grant is imho precisely in the pack of 'much of a muchness' players we need to improve on if we are to improve next season. just in my humble of course. A couple of worldy goals but just not up to the general standard of play for a mid/top table team every week.

Presumably Adam Randell will be in the first team squad next season so will need a couple of midfielders to move on.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Steve Evans":27dipj0k said:
i reckon grant and mayor to tranmere
Can't see either of them wanting to drop back down to League 2.

I think Mayor is more likely to go to Fleetwood but hopefully, he will go somewhere else where he can still be the best player in League 1 in the middle third of the pitch.

Jun 27, 2019
xmastree":1pk5bo4g said:
Why do people say "I think he will stay/go" on threads like this, when they have no idea whatsoever? Serious question. If Grant is to be believed, he doesn't know himself!

Because some of us have read countless interviews like this one over the years and have learned to develop a hunch based on what is said.

It isn't a barometer of whether a player will stay or not; just a set of opinions posted on an opinion forum.

Apr 1, 2009
WoodsyGreen":1ywjsbld said:
xmastree":1ywjsbld said:

Because some of us have read countless interviews like this one over the years and have learned to develop a hunch based on what is said.

It isn't a barometer of whether a player will stay or not; just a set of opinions posted on an opinion forum.

Fair enough Woodsy. In terms of the Grant interview which bit gives you a hunch about where Conor's future lies? To me it was all completely bland.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I think Grant will stay if he gets what he considers a good offer. I also think Mayor will stay too as long as Lowe remains as manager.