Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 4 May | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 4 May

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Keith Hackett added:
"People speak quite highly of him. He’s got everything going for him to become a Premier League referee, hopefully."

So, you didn't watch the game then Keith?? :lol:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Pogleswoody":1wajcx4g said:
Keith Hackett added:
"People speak quite highly of him. He’s got everything going for him to become a Premier League referee, hopefully."

So, you didn't watch the game then Keith?? :lol:

I imagine the Sunderland management team spoke very highly of him.

Dec 3, 2005
What as Sheffield Wednesday got to do with Argyle v Sunderland match?

Even if he did sing Lowes name, when he played for Wednesday, what relevance does it have.

Especially when he booked Lowe lol

None at all, just the usual crap in the media.

Jun 26, 2006
Not speaking out of turn but I am not sure what the referee did wrong.
No VAR at this level thank god , so the referee has to rely on and trust his assistants when it comes to some decision making . Was the Sunderland player offside when the ball was kicked . Who knows ? Personally I would think Ryan Lowe should have been having a go at a disorganised defence ( again). Wing backs who prefer to attack and not defend, loads of space, Opoku was dragged out of position , Watts wasn't in the same line so could well have been playing the opponent on . And Cooper could have done better with his angles .
With regard to the Edwards penalty appeal . See them given and not given .

Sep 2, 2008
fishypilgrim":i0et629e said:
No VAR at this level thank god , so the referee has to rely on and trust his assistants when it comes to some decision making . Was the Sunderland player offside when the ball was kicked . Who knows ? Personally I would think Ryan Lowe should have been having a go at a disorganised defence ( again). Wing backs who prefer to attack and not defend, loads of space, Opoku was dragged out of position , Watts wasn't in the same line so could well have been playing the opponent on . And Cooper could have done better with his angles .

No he wasn't. Lowe himself said that after he'd watched it on a replay after the game. Regarding the penalty; the ref consulted with the lino and it was he that gave it.

Overall, I didn't think the ref did too bad. I know that sounds weird considering he got the peno wrong but if he isn't sure then he should use his lino who was closer. Sunderland were far cleverer than us at getting their bodies in the right position to draw the foul so the decisions he was making were the correct ones in line with the laws of the game.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Pottypilgrim":3jfd4tst said:
fishypilgrim":3jfd4tst said:

No he wasn't. Lowe himself said that after he'd watched it on a replay after the game. Regarding the penalty; the ref consulted with the lino and it was he that gave it.

Overall, I didn't think the ref did too bad. I know that sounds weird considering he got the peno wrong but if he isn't sure then he should use his lino who was closer. Sunderland were far cleverer than us at getting their bodies in the right position to draw the foul so the decisions he was making were the correct ones in line with the laws of the game.

Read Sunderland are more experienced and know how to cheat more than we do.
Also off side, wouldn't be the first time Lowe says something thats not quite right, IE. whoesale changes, not good enough, pretty much the same team next time out .