Did the England and Plymouth management chat work. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Did the England and Plymouth management chat work.

Aug 24, 2009
I seem to recall in February Lowe banging on about him and his assistant having a chat with Southgate and Co and how much he was drawing on Southgates experience. I wonder what was said because we have only won 4 out of 18 since.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I mean, what answer are you looking for here? Nobody knows what was discussed, how it's influenced Lowe's methods or any possible impact of it.

I'd be willing to stick my neck on the line and suggest that there is zero correlation between what Southgate said to Lowe and what our recent results have been.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Nobby":197n6bej said:
I mean, what answer are you looking for here? Nobody knows what was discussed, how it's influenced Lowe's methods or any possible impact of it.

I'd be willing to stick my neck on the line and suggest that there is zero correlation between what Southgate said to Lowe and what our recent results have been.

Agreed.

Apr 1, 2009
charlieboy":3alvnaoz said:
I seem to recall in February Lowe banging on about him and his assistant having a chat with Southgate and Co and how much he was drawing on Southgates experience. I wonder what was said because we have only won 4 out of 18 since.

Perhaps all the other L1 managers have had longer chats with Gareth than Ryan managed?

In all seriousness , Charlie, there's no magic potion in Gareth. I've had a couple of chats with him, even shaking hands (pre Covid), and it has made no discernible difference to my business whatsoever.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
You really are struggling to start a new ‘Charlieboy’ topic. Normally, you try to start one that is, promptly, merged by the mods.
Obviously, your conclusion is that it did not work.

Aug 24, 2009
Well, they are both football managers, I can only assume they were talking football or else what would be the point. More to the point we have only won 4 in our last 18 matches regardless of what was said or not bearing in mind our leader promised us he would not allow our season to peter out and we would finish as high in the league as possible, what a load of rubbish, wouldn't it be better if he kept his mouth shut and got on with the job. I do not judge him on his success but also how he deals with poor performances and to this end he as displayed an attitude of it is not me but the others.

Jan 27, 2012
I seem to remember that Southgate was a pretty hopeless manager at club level. He probably got the England job because he’s well spoken and clean cut. Seems to be doing a decent job though.

Oct 5, 2013
charlieboy":2k0aswqc said:
Well, they are both football managers, I can only assume they were talking football or else what would be the point. More to the point we have only won 4 in our last 18 matches regardless of what was said or not bearing in mind our leader promised us he would not allow our season to peter out and we would finish as high in the league as possible, what a load of rubbish, wouldn't it be better if he kept his mouth shut and got on with the job. I do not judge him on his success but also how he deals with poor performances and to this end he as displayed an attitude of it is not me but the others.

I agree with certain things you say and during the season have criticised the manager’s approach which I believe could have been different and better, but at the end of the day RL has achieved this season’s objective of retaining League 1 status, so fair play to him and that’ll do for me.