Green Army fanbase by region. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Green Army fanbase by region.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Just curious, whether anyone has any numbers on the Green Army geographical breakdown?

My guess:

30% Plymouth
25% Cornwall
35% Devon
10% outside the two counties.

Sorry based on the first couple of responses I should have clarified I meant supporters attending home games.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I'd say you're well out. I would expect fans from outside Devon and Cornwall to vastly outnumber those within.
Even just looking at a typical Home Park matchday crowd I would think there could be more than 10% from farther afield but for fans in general there will be way more. Most Argyle fans have a connection to the region but the majority of us don't live there anymore.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
I would still be surprised if the largest percentage was not from Plymouth. However I could be wrong so it might be an interesting question to ask at the next fans forum.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
warney":149mpnb1 said:
I'd say you're well out. I would expect fans from outside Devon and Cornwall to vastly outnumber those within.
Even just looking at a typical Home Park matchday crowd I would think there could be more than 10% from farther afield but for fans in general there will be way more. Most Argyle fans have a connection to the region but the majority of us don't live there anymore.

Sorry based on the first couple of responses I should have clarified I meant supporters attending home games.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Keyham Pilgrim":2s196fkl said:
I would still be surprised if the largest percentage was not from Plymouth. However I could be wrong so it might be an interesting question to ask at the next fans forum.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
I thought you meant home games that why I thought it would be good to ask about a breakdown of ticket sales locations at the next fans forum.

Graham Clark

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
βœ… Evergreen
πŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
The Club do publish results of their Annual Close Season Survey. For 2020 the results were (based on a survey return of 1,400 which was the largest for years).

Location of supporter:
Plymouth 48.71%
Devon & Cornwall 31.21%
London / South / South East 8.29%

62% of the respondents were Season ticket holders and a further 7% attended more than 10 games at Home Park so the survey is pretty representative of the true position.

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
The membership of PASALB can ebb and flow according to the work prospects in Plymouth.....in over 45 years of existence the membership in London would pull in Greens from all over the South East......not all of course would go to home games....but definately would inflate numbers around London and the home counties for away fixtures.

Oct 20, 2015
Hello from Warwickshire... We travel to the odd home game when we are visiting family in Devon. But we do try and see away games 'local' to us eg Oxford, Northampton, Cheltenham.

Have to say the iFollow facility has been brilliant for us. Without it we wouldn't be able to see the majority of matches this season. I can see the argument for not televising 3pm Sat games but speaking selfishly it's become part of our weekend now. I hope the Argyle feed offers the option of watching home and away games.

Forest of Dean Green

βœ… Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Giving you a high six from the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire! A few Greens in the county and surrounds. Given the rarity it is a strange excitement when you see a fellow fan. By way of example, a lad with a Halmosi shirt walking through Ledbury high street back in those days. One of the little joys of an exile.

mutley marvel

Cream First
βœ… Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
I live in Robin Hood land - i have yet to find a fellow green in my local area- I often wonder how many green exiles live in the East Midlands

Koala Green

πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί
βœ… Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
It would be an interesting exercise to conduct a survey on PASOTI to see the breakdown by region and country.

I would love to know how many exiles we have both in the UK and overseas.