Sawyer retires through injury | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sawyer retires through injury

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
As per the club on twitter.

Such a shame, a true club legend. I hope that as this year was his 10th with us a pro, he gets a testimonial (when fans are allowed back in obviously).

Oct 10, 2012
Blimey you rushed onto here to post that!

All the best Gaz. Always found him pretty reliable for us over the years.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Wish you a happy retirement Gaz... always a solid pro and represented Argyle well.. best of luck :thumbup:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Forest of Dean Green":8cljd7yw said:
Teriffic servant to the club. Intelligent player who read the game well and maximised his talent.

Ditto from me. I felt he performed well when he played in The Championship after our promotion. He was swifter when younger and put over decent crosses from the left wing position, whilst playing as a defender. I hope he finds a successful second career.

Jun 27, 2019
Dan Ellard":f6rtpmen said:
As per the club on twitter.

Such a shame, a true club legend. I hope that as this year was his 10th with us a pro, he gets a testimonial (when fans are allowed back in obviously).

Do testimonials happen anymore? They used to be a regular thing at all levels of the pro game but I can't remember there being one for an Argyle player since Paul Wotton.

Edited: Just seen Dan's reference to 10 years. Maybe we just haven't had a player stay with us for that long since Wotton then.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":bznr4bsy said:
Forest of Dean Green":bznr4bsy said:
Teriffic servant to the club. Intelligent player who read the game well and maximised his talent.

Ditto from me. I felt he performed well when he played in The Championship after our promotion. He was swifter when younger and put over decent crosses from the left wing position, whilst playing as a defender. I hope he finds a successful second career.

Agreed. I used to love Sawyer putting in a crunching tackle on the touchline. A proper committed, 7/10 pro. Could do with more like him!

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
Great to have him still involved. Argyle legend (and my youngest daughter's favourite player).

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Well done and thank you Gary Sawyer.

Been a great Club servant and it seems like he's been here a lot longer than ten years.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Ponty":18ta7ki4 said:
Well done and thank you Gary Sawyer.

Been a great Club servant and it seems like he's been here a lot longer than ten years.

Good luck Gary.

He has been around HP a long time Ponty, but he did leave for five(?) years.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Good luck in your new role Gaz!!

As others have said, a great servant to the club and a fine left full back.

Thanks Gaz!!