Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Saturday 8 May | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Saturday 8 May

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Saturday 8 May

The Argyle youth team win the Youth Alliance League title ... club website.

Cheltenham Town, Cambridge United and Bolton Wanderers will be in League One next season and being automatically promoted today.

Argyle will play Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham United and Wycombe Wanderers next season after all three clubs were relegated from the Championship today.

Ryan Lowe reflects on the season and looks to the summer ahead ... Plymouth Live.

Show racism the red card ... club website.

On this day in 2004 Argyle rounded off the Division Two title winning season with a 2-0 win against Colchester United at Home Park with David's Norris and Friio scoring the goals in front of just under 20,000 fans. Luke McCormick was in goal for the Greens.

A couple of years ago I commiserated with two elderly husband and wife Colchester supporters on the central line just after they had lost at Orient. I mentioned how impressed I was with the 200 or so Colchester supporters who stayed on after that last day win to applaud, and generally watch the celebrations. They had been amongst the crowd that day, and said they’d always had a soft spot for Argyle ever since.

Jun 27, 2019
mervyn":3s5btwz2 said:
A couple of years ago I commiserated with two elderly husband and wife Colchester supporters on the central line just after they had lost at Orient. I mentioned how impressed I was with the 200 or so Colchester supporters who stayed on after that last day win to applaud, and generally watch the celebrations. They had been amongst the crowd that day, and said they’d always had a soft spot for Argyle ever since.

Shame their team weren't as gracious. I remember them refusing to give us a guard of honour - which made the win even sweeter.

Dec 3, 2005
WoodsyGreen":3j7faqw2 said:
mervyn":3j7faqw2 said:

Shame their team weren't as gracious. I remember them refusing to give us a guard of honour - which made the win even sweeter.

Maybe one reason why the fans stayed behind to watch the celebrations - because they felt their team let them down by not doing a 'guard of honour'.