Klaidi Lolos | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Klaidi Lolos

Jul 28, 2020
I’m going to use an old “luggyism” here- as I’ve got a strong feeling that this ones going to come back and “bite us on the bum” ( and even the great man made a few mistakes if I remember rightly- Ryan Leonard, Adam Barrett anyone...)...

“ Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard”. Nobody seems to doubt Klaidi’s talent- but the next stage in his development is down to him, I guess....

Got a hunch we’re going to be seeing this fellow back at Home Park, sometime in the next five years. I would think he’d be wearing the number 9 shirt, but unfortunately it won’t be green in colour .....

Sorry to see you go, good luck Klaidi ....

Dec 30, 2020
He'd looked alright in his recent cameos, a bit of trickery and some nice through balls. I guess the issue is that it's hard to see him pushing for a place in the starting line up next season. Could maybe have gone out on loan?

As a general rule, I find it surprising how many footballers are released around his age (20) when still maybe 10 years or more from their peak.

You'd have thought that someone who is barely out of adolescence and doing well enough to get a run out in league football would probably be at the required level after a few further years of physical development, working on their game etc.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
greenpilled":10qir851 said:
He'd looked alright in his recent cameos, a bit of trickery and some nice through balls. I guess the issue is that it's hard to see him pushing for a place in the starting line up next season. Could maybe have gone out on loan?

As a general rule, I find it surprising how many footballers are released around his age (20) when still maybe 10 years or more from their peak.

You'd have thought that someone who is barely out of adolescence and doing well enough to get a run out in league football would probably be at the required level after a few further years of physical development, working on their game etc.

cough :oops: - Ashley Barnes??

We have three forwards on the books? Lolos as back up? Sign one or two more experienced strikers?
He could have gone on loan to Torquay esp. if they are in League Two?
If Lowey has a huge number of the right players lined up and nailed on to sign for us then fine. I (we) just don't know. :think:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I have to say that I haven't seen anything from Lolos's recent sub appearances that made me think he was a player we should hang on to and it has surprised me to read others suggesting otherwise. when he has gone out on loan to other clubs he doesn't seem to have made any real impact (unlike Randell and Law at Torquay) and there have been a few times when comments have been made by members of the Argyle management that have made me wonder whether he just doesn't have the right attitude. I suspect he is someone who expects things to happen for him rather than one who works damned hard to make sure that they do. So I am not at all surprised that he has been released.

Nevertheless, good luck to him if he wants to pursue his career in professional football. I expect he will have to go down a level or two in order to (hopefully) work his way back up again. There are, of course, plenty of examples of other young players who have failed to ignite their career after being released by Argyle.

May 28, 2019
i feel i have to agree with the OP . this could come back to bite us in the bum, but saying that lowe was a top lower league striker, so i guess he knows what he is looking at ,but lolos, will be a career i shall keep an eye on, same could be said for rubin wilson..

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The Doctor":3693rimp said:
I have to say that I haven't seen anything from Lolos's recent sub appearances that made me think he was a player we should hang on to and it has surprised me to read others suggesting otherwise. when he has gone out on loan to other clubs he doesn't seem to have made any real impact (unlike Randell and Law at Torquay) and there have been a few times when comments have been made by members of the Argyle management that have made me wonder whether he just doesn't have the right attitude. I suspect he is someone who expects things to happen for him rather than one who works damned hard to make sure that they do. So I am not at all surprised that he has been released.

Nevertheless, good luck to him if he wants to pursue his career in professional football. I expect he will have to go down a level or two in order to (hopefully) work his way back up again. There are, of course, plenty of examples of other young players who have failed to ignite their career after being released by Argyle.
Got to agree Doc. I watched him in the youth team and thought he had a bit of an attitude. Maybe RL can't drum it out of him. Good luck to the lad though.

Mar 18, 2014
He's another Tyler Harvey.

not doing enough to get into the team, so released, like a lot of young players, to free up wages

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree with both of you.

He had quite a few chances to prove himself but didn’t make the cut unfortunately.

Jun 24, 2008
Vampires11":6k5n7uwl said:

not doing enough to get into the team, so released, like a lot of young players, to free up wages

The perfect example.

Don't mean to sound harsh on the lad but there was a bigger backlash when Harvey was released, thinking that would 'bite us on the bum' too. It didn't and Harvey had good moments in the green shirt. Lolos has had none in the first team. Lowe publicly said it was his chance to shine and prove himself (I recall a BBC article) and he has not done enough.

I would genuinely love to be proved wrong, for Lolos sake.

Jul 28, 2020
It’s all about opinions isn’t it- and who’s to say who’s right ? It will be up to Klaidi to prove that argument....

Klaidi has shot up in height, over the last few years- and now he has the stature of an old fashioned number 9, with the skill to make a success of that role.

When I’ve seen him play, he reminds me very much of a young Michael evans. But it’s not just stature and skill you need for that role, it’s also unselfish hard work and mental toughness to take “ hits” for the team from uncompromising opponents.

Klaidi has had the disadvantage of playing in a squad that doesn’t play a traditional centre forward ( but generally two nippy strikers), something that Lowe himself has alluded to when discussing Klaidi .....

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
macleanie":1dyaelve said:
Vampires11":1dyaelve said:

The perfect example.

Don't mean to sound harsh on the lad but there was a bigger backlash when Harvey was released, thinking that would 'bite us on the bum' too. It didn't and Harvey had good moments in the green shirt. Lolos has had none in the first team. Lowe publicly said it was his chance to shine and prove himself (I recall a BBC article) and he has not done enough.

Ty wasn't released tho. And two very different reasons for "not making it" one has a suspected bad attitude, the other is one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

Nov 2, 2004
Railway sleeper":10uzyeox said:
It’s all about opinions isn’t it- and who’s to say who’s right ? It will be up to Klaidi to prove that argument....

Klaidi has shot up in height, over the last few years- and now he has the stature of an old fashioned number 9, with the skill to make a success of that role.

When I’ve seen him play, he reminds me very much of a young Michael evans. But it’s not just stature and skill you need for that role, it’s also unselfish hard work and mental toughness to take “ hits” for the team from uncompromising opponents.

Klaidi has had the disadvantage of playing in a squad that doesn’t play a traditional centre forward ( but generally two nippy strikers), something that Lowe himself has alluded to when discussing Klaidi .....

I don’t think so, Lolos is 20yrs old, I saw Trigger when he was 18 play away against Birmingham or west Brom I cannot remember which but what I remember well is his performance , the opposition could not get the ball off him and he was still a boy. Lolos has none of Evans attributes.

Jul 6, 2011
macleanie":3k1zgbtf said:
Vampires11":3k1zgbtf said:

The perfect example.

Harvey wasn't released, he didn't sign a new contract.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
klaidi is the best prospect since tyler harvey in my opinion,he has a natural goalscorers instinct.all the best klaidi really enjoyed watching you.