Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 11 May | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Tuesday 11 May

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Tuesday 11 May

Ryan Lowe's message to the fans ... club website.

Ex-Argyle striker Joe Mason has signed for Canadian Premier League side Cavalry FC.

Derek Adams is favourite to be the new manager of Bradford City this summer.

Kell Watts says goodbye ...

Summer events at Home Park ... club website.

Former Argyle defender Keith Hill is sacked as manager of Tranmere Rovers just a week before the League Two play-offs and after reaching the final of the EFL Trophy.

Nearly 2,000 season tickets were sold on the first day of sales with a fifth of those being for new applications ... club website.

Gillingham Matchday Moments ... club You Tube.

The League One Team of the Season ... Sky Sports.

Mental Health Awareness Week ... club website.

Season ticket wallet £7.50 in the club ... superstore.

Dec 3, 2005
How come 400 ST were sold to NEW APPLICANTS?

Have you changed the system where by last ST holders have the first 'early bird' tickets?

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
As I recall reading it “ 20% Early bird loyalty discount is available to existing season ticket holders only”……
……thus enabling full price payment by new season ticket holders at the same time….

….…” Great idea & well done Argyle! “ and “Welcome Aboard Fellow Greens!” is my reaction ; yours apparently not! ….Each to his own logic & way of thinking, I suppose!

May 8, 2011
If tickets are being sold to new people that would mean if capacity is limited and a rotation system introduced that ST holders from last season will have less chance of attending. Not really rewarding loyalty.

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
HCGreen, do you not think that what the club has done is consistent with the optimism openly expressed by Andrew Parkinson in the recent fans’ forum?

He may be proved over-optimistic of course, & he’s clearly intelligent enough to have realised, like most of us how difficult Covid is “ to manage & forecast”, but he has to run our company in the real world.
Using the information & forecasts available to him is a part of that real world management.

Preventing new memberships just because of the contingency you’re forecasting, would surely seem very churlish & inconsistent with the sentiments openly expressed.

Apr 1, 2009
djg145":3nnt94zh said:
How come 400 ST were sold to NEW APPLICANTS?

Have you changed the system where by last ST holders have the first 'early bird' tickets?

Why does it matter at what stage new applicants are allowed to buy? As you, and presumably others, have decided not to renew, the Club has every right to seek new ST holders.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Quintrell_Green":3cqn7z1n said:
kernow19":3cqn7z1n said:
Quintrell_Green":3cqn7z1n said:
What is the Greg Wylde tweet all about, or am I half asleep still?

A tribute to Super Luke on his impending retirement, I would imagine.

Thanks. I had forgotten about him. I knew he had not played alongside young Jephcott

According to the Greens on Screen website, Gregg Wylde and Luke Jephcott appeared in 2 games together.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
metroace":3q21xy1y said:
Quintrell_Green":3q21xy1y said:
kernow19":3q21xy1y said:
Quintrell_Green":3q21xy1y said:
What is the Greg Wylde tweet all about, or am I half asleep still?

A tribute to Super Luke on his impending retirement, I would imagine.

Thanks. I had forgotten about him. I knew he had not played alongside young Jephcott

According to the Greens on Screen website, Gregg Wylde and Luke Jephcott appeared in 2 games together.

I checked where Gregg Wylde is now and he is turning out for East Stirlingshire in the Lowland League, the 5th tier of Scottish football. He's still only 31, so I'm mildly surprised he couldn't get a game further up the ladder, North or South of the border.
Thought he had a very good first season with us, and he should have stayed put. Derek Adams then taught him a lesson when he brought him back for a second spell and kept him on the bench almost constantly!

Jul 14, 2008
Penlee":s48l44he said:
Not surprised Hill got sacked after giving this downbeat/accusatory interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHW1Dk3nNf8
What a strange interview to give when they have two huge play off matches next up. If he has a problem with the professionalism of some of his players then just wait a few weeks and get rid of them in the transfer window, giving an interview like that can’t provide any benefit whatsoever. A few years ago I would have been happy to have him as Argyle manager but certainly not now - he comes across as a clone of John Sheridan.