Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 13 May | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Daily News - Thursday 13 May

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Thursday 13 May

Argyle are reportedly interested in signing Rotherham United centre-back Clark Robertson.... Football Insider.

A pre-season friendly match against Saltash United at Kimberley Stadium has been announced. It will take place on Wednesday 14 July, kick-off 6pm. Tickets can be purchased ....here.

Cambridge United Head of Football Ben Strang talks about the future of rumoured Argyle transfer target Paul Mullin .... Cambridgeshire Live.

Gary Sawyer's best Argyle moments .. You Tube fan video.

click here.

Next week the Argyle daily news update will switch to a weekly rolling news update just for the close season.

Jul 28, 2020
Good luck Will.
You and Niall were the only ones who did the job properly, IMO. Sorry that neither of you are still at the club.

This represents a risk for the club ( like Joel Grant, who we really missed on the right wing this season as a counterbalance to Mayor).

I’m sure you’ll do well wherever you end up..... :thumbup:

Aug 4, 2011
Railway sleeper":35gggena said:
Good luck Will.
You and Niall were the only ones who did the job properly, IMO. Sorry that neither of you are still at the club.

This represents a risk for the club ( like Joel Grant, who we really missed on the right wing this season as a counterbalance to Mayor).

Agreed. An Aimson - Cannavan central pairing in a back 4 would almost resemble a respectable league 1 pairing. Don’t think it was ever tried

Jun 27, 2019
We missed Joel Grant? I've heard it all now.

We were terrible this season but one player who would have been guaranteed to make us even worse was Joel Grant.

Jul 28, 2020
Great player Joel, in my opinion .

His hayday at Argyle was under DA- when he was really effective on either wing with his pace and trickery. DA also managed to get a good work rate out of Joel, and he tracked back in a way that we dont see from the current bunch.

Do have to agree that we didn’t see anything much from Joel under RL- but that’s because he was played up front, and he ain’t a striker.

I think he would have offered us much more on the right wing, this season than anybody in the current squad- and would have been a much better counter- weight to Danny Mayor).

Just my opinion of course ..... would be interested to hear what other people think....

Jun 27, 2019
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, Railway Sleeper, but you lost me at 'great player'.

He was rightly released after a season of sauntering around looking uninterested and displaying the first touch of an elephant in roller skates. And that was in League Two.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Shame to see Will Aimson go. I thought he was very good (although injured a lot) in Div 2. In Div 1, in Lowes system of playing it out, he rarely looked comfortable on the ball but some of his last ditch defending was quite heroic. I think he'll do well somewhere else in a different system.

Jul 28, 2020
Really enjoyed watching Joel play under DA- at times he was unplayable on the wing.

At the moment we are so predictable with most of our attacks going through DM.

Opinions vary about Joel and he’s a player who has tended to split the fan base - most of the complaints around inconsistent and work- rate- but DA seemed to have succeeded in getting a good work rate out of him.

Totally respect your opinion Woodsy- but as I say Joel is not a striker, which is where Lowe played him. Personally I have missed watching JG on the wing, and think we would have been a much better side this season with Joel on the right wing ....,

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Railway sleeper":28fi4q1b said:
Really enjoyed watching Joel play under DA- at times he was unplayable on the wing.

That's probably why the manager stopped playing him!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Railway sleeper":16b7l2kn said:
Good luck Will.

Joel has just been released by Swindon.