On this day ... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On this day ...

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Thanks to GoS, what an eventful day this 15th May has been in the recent past ...

Burnley away 1994, play off semi final ... "ten men, we only had ten men !"

Colchester home 1996 ... the flying Charlie Williams and off to Wembley for the first time ever

Pompous home 2016 ... that last gap goal by Hartley ... putting the jam on it !

Oh the memories !

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
The noise after Peter Hartley scored was the loudest I can remember and I've been.in amongst 38000.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ponty":1yhfg99r said:
The noise after Peter Hartley scored was the loudest I can remember and I've been.in amongst 38000.

The then Chairman of Pompey Ian McInnes said to me that was the loudest 5 minutes he had heard at a football ground. Let's face it, they are pretty loud at times.

Here it is again, set to Titanic music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp9iFYr3-vk

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
If only the season had ended then, tainted for me by that dismal performance at Wembley.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Mark Pedlar":45h4hgpk said:
If only the season had ended then, tainted for me by that dismal performance at Wembley.

Agreed, one of my most favourite football memories followed by my worst football memory.

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Mark Pedlar":1d7ajdhf said:

Yes, a bad day all round. I still have a recording of the match in my Sky planner which I still haven't watched. Every now and again when moving around the planner my finger hovers over the play button but it's still too bloody raw and times are depressing enough :furious:

Re the Burnley playoff, when the return leg at home was played I was away on holiday, sailing around Turkey on a Gullet. It was a couple of days later when we actually moored up at a harbour which enabled me to find out the score. Following the comfortable draw at their place I was fully expecting an even more comfortable win, we did finish 12 points ahead of them after all, but..... :facepalm:

Kinda took the shine off the holiday somewhat.

Jun 27, 2019
Two goalkeepers lost us the game that night: Shilton for picking Steve McCall at left-back and Alan Nicholls for charging off his line for both Francis goals and then spilling a shot for the third.

I loved Nicholls but he had a brain fade that night.