Plymouth Argyle Weekly News #3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Plymouth Argyle Weekly News #3

Site Manager

Administrator
Apr 3, 2013
Sunday 6 June

Argyle striker Luke Jephcott played 89 minutes for the Wales under-21 team in a UEFA 2023 qualifying game against Moldova on Friday .... Match report.

The latest Big Green Lottery news ... club website.

Saturday 5 June

Two years ago today Ryan Lowe was appointed manager of Argyle.

Father's Day mug in the club .... superstore.

Friday 4 June

Derek Adams is confirmed as the new manager at Bradford City, signing a three-year contract.

The team will travel 12,315 miles to League One away games next season, the shortest trip will be to Cheltenham Town at 318 miles followed by 380 miles to Portsmouth.
14 away games involve 500 miles or more of travelling.

Current Directors at the club
Simon Hallett 
Richard Holliday 
John Morgan
Jane Chafer
Paul Berne
Andrew Parkinson and CEO
Trevor East
In addition - Neil Dewsnip as Director of Football.

The club has a vacancy for Head of Cornwall Recruitment and Development .... club website.

Thursday 3 June

Goalkeeper Alan Miller sadly passes away at the age of 51. Alan joined Argyle on loan from Arsenal in 1988 and made a big impression on the Green Army, playing in 15 games.

Former loan player Jerome Opoku has been given a one-year extension on his contract by his parent club Fulham.

Tony Wrathall steps down as Director and becomes President of the club ... club website.

The latest Academy news ... club website.

Former Argyle manager Derek Adams leaves Morecambe and is expected to be named as the new manager at Bradford City.

Wednesday 2 June

IFollow have released the statistics for the season just finished and Argyle were the third most watched team in League One behind Ipswich Town and Portsmouth ..... iFollow.

Purchase your ticket for the pre-season game against Saltash on 14 July .... here.

Tuesday 1 June

In the club .... superstore.

The club announce a pre-season friendly against Bristol City at Home Park on Tuesday 27 July ....club website.
Purchase your Parkway ticket .... here.

Argyle women 1 - 2 Exeter City women ....match report

Monday 31 May

Morecambe and Derek Adams were promoted to League One after beating Newport County 1-0 in the League Two play-off final at Wembley today.
Ex-Argyle players Kyle Letheren, Kelvin Mellor, Toumani Diagouraga, Yann Songo'o (Morecambe) and Ryan Taylor (Newport) all played in the game.

Argyle midfielder Panutche Camara has received his first international call-up for Guinea-Bissau and is in the squad for the next match against Cape Verde Islands on 9th June.

The new home shirt is on sale today .... club website.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Plymouth LIVE seems to have DIED.
Last ‘Argyle’ news was 6 days ago and that was about Ashley Barnes who left the club over a decade ago.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Chris Errington is on holiday for a couple of weeks. It's far better having nothing than having that Exeter City supporting lemon Stuart James reporting rubbish.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I was about to speculate that Mr Errington must be on holiday.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Whatever your opinion about Derek Adams, to get Morecambe promoted into League 1 is a tremendous achievement.
Be interesting to see whether any other ex Argyle end up there. Threlkeld must be a candidate, and Jervis.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
RKB":2v4o3lt4 said:
Whatever your opinion about Derek Adams, to get Morecambe promoted into League 1 is a tremendous achievement.
Be interesting to see whether any other ex Argyle end up there. Threlkeld must be a candidate, and Jervis.

Don't think Oscar will work with Adams again.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
That EFL League 1 map certainly highlights the ‘location’ issue nicely. We’re a real footballing outpost in League 1 terms next season.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
The Doctor":1gz3ie1y said:
That EFL League 1 map certainly highlights the ‘location’ issue nicely. We’re a real footballing outpost in League 1 terms next season.

Totally agree - if you were a player and you saw that map it’s not exactly going to excite you thinking of all the hours of your life you’ll be wasting away on the team coach next season..

Apr 1, 2009
JannerinCardiff":1kt81spk said:
The Doctor":1kt81spk said:

Totally agree - if you were a player and you saw that map it’s not exactly going to excite you thinking of all the hours of your life you’ll be wasting away on the team coach next season..

Hang on! The players get paid, probably considerably more than most on here do, for "all the hours of your life you'll be wasting away on the team coach", whilst we the fans pay for the privilege of travelling the same distance to watch them! I'm sure the team coach is comfortable, warm, plenty of legroom etc. Why are we feeling sorry for them?

The more people bang on about how much of an issue this is for players, it becomes self perpetuating. We're a small country and these are not big distances. Stop being so negative.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
xmastree":39cwd04v said:
JannerinCardiff":39cwd04v said:
The Doctor":39cwd04v said:

Hang on! The players get paid, probably considerably more than most on here do, for "all the hours of your life you'll be wasting away on the team coach", whilst we the fans pay for the privilege of travelling the same distance to watch them! I'm sure the team coach is comfortable, warm, plenty of legroom etc. Why are we feeling sorry for them?

The more people bang on about how much of an issue this is for players, it becomes self perpetuating. We're a small country and these are not big distances. Stop being so negative.

It’s not being negative - it’s being practical. it’s not about the money either as all clubs pay their footballers. Players have families , some with young children and surely they’d want to spend their non footballing life with them or doing whatever else they enjoy.

I suppose one benefit it helps with team bonding to have the players together for longer than other clubs.

Apr 1, 2009
JannerinCardiff":1q55427d said:
xmastree":1q55427d said:
JannerinCardiff":1q55427d said:
The Doctor":1q55427d said:

It’s not being negative - it’s being practical. it’s not about the money either as all clubs pay their footballers. Players have families , some with young children and surely they’d want to spend their non footballing life with them or doing whatever else they enjoy.

I suppose one benefit it helps with team bonding to have the players together for longer than other clubs.

Of course people want to spend time with their families when they are not working. But you are talking about their work time - time that you describe as wasting your life away - if that isn't negative terminology I don't know what is!. Loads of people have to travel great distances for work, it's no huge thing, but some like to build this up as a reason not to join Argyle, rather than promoting the opposite.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
xmastree":1v8quoym said:
JannerinCardiff":1v8quoym said:
xmastree":1v8quoym said:
JannerinCardiff":1v8quoym said:
The Doctor":1v8quoym said:

Of course people want to spend time with their families when they are not working. But you are talking about their work time - time that you describe as wasting your life away - if that isn't negative terminology I don't know what is!. Loads of people have to travel great distances for work, it's no huge thing, but some like to build this up as a reason not to join Argyle, rather than promoting the opposite.

There are numerous positive reasons to join Argyle for sure.. Cheaper living costs, better weather down south compared to the North, beautiful area, great stadium and fans etc etc but I'm perfectly within my rights to have a view that our location isn't one of them. Does this mean that Argyle players effectively work longer hours than a footballer from Crewe for example?

Apr 1, 2009
JannerinCardiff":1vo2gsfe said:
xmastree":1vo2gsfe said:
xmastree":1vo2gsfe said:
The Doctor":1vo2gsfe said:

There are numerous positive reasons to join Argyle for sure.. Cheaper living costs, better weather down south compared to the North, beautiful area, great stadium and fans etc etc but I'm perfectly within my rights to have a view that our location isn't one of them. Does this mean that Argyle players effectively work longer hours than a footballer from Crewe for example?

Of course you are perfectly entitled to have your view - I don't know why people need to stress this all the time. This board is surely about opinions and discussion.

Yes, I imagine you're right that Argyle footballers probably work longer hours than those at any club

Mar 14, 2009
There is only one way to break the location issue.

People won’t like it.

However, if location is such an issue and it will hold us back the only way to break that cycle is base your training camp / pitch in a better location and further up the country. You then have a place to train for home/away matches. You have a centralised location so players can stay at home with their families. You do much less travelling. For home games, the players can travel down to Plymouth a few days before match day and use the facilities here. For the rest of the time they aren’t here they could open up those facilities to other local clubs.

It doesn’t matter where the players train. Just that they have the good facilities needed to do so. Obviously it would take a huge amount of money and so therefore is a pipe dream but if we did ever reach the premier league l would rather they spend money on this type of a facility than say a few costly players because in the long term the benefits would take away the issue we have with the geographical argument.

Apr 9, 2011
Agree entirely with JannerinCardiff looking at the map the same thing struck me as to how isolated we are compared to the rest of the teams in our league also what a difference it made with Morcambe winning the play offs Newport would have been almost like a local Derby for us coupled with Bristol Rovers relegation & Exeter failing again! we are even more cut off.
Face facts our geographical position has always been an issue & always will be