• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Well done Panutche!

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
An incredibly well deserved call-up too.

I have a feeling Pan is a player that feeds off the crowd. Gives him belief, confidence etc.

He’s been amazing at times this season, so I reckon, with the fans back in Home Park next season that Pan will easily be our stand-out player.

Apr 1, 2009
Adam":12xysc3x said:

I have a feeling Pan is a player that feeds off the crowd. Gives him belief, confidence etc.

He’s been amazing at times this season, so I reckon, with the fans back in Home Park next season that Pan will easily be our stand-out player.

What a bizarre post.

The call up is "incredibly well deserved" only if he has got himself in front of other contenders for the Guinea Bissau. If you are familiar with those Pan was in competition with, then fair enough, but few will be.

You've then decided that a player who has never played in front of a big crowd for Argyle will respond so dramatically that he will "easily be our stand-out player". This despite not knowing half of next season's squad, and therefore who he is standing-out from!

I'd certainly add my congratulations to Pan for his call up, but am I alone in thinking some over-hype him? Amazing is such an overused word - was he really "amazing at times"? Yes he can be a very exciting player who certainly has potential, but along with so many of his teammates he fell away badly in the second half of the season. He's very naive in some ways - fans will correctly say that it was his first season in L1 - but he's 24 years old and made more than 100 appearances in L2, so he's not a total novice. I hope he will respond to crowds and fulfil that potential, but there's no certainty.

Jun 27, 2019
Good for Pan, but potentially not good for us with the African Cup of Nations being held next Jan/Feb and Guinea Bissau having qualified.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
xmastree":1qor81c4 said:
Adam":1qor81c4 said:

What a bizarre post.

The call up is "incredibly well deserved" only if he has got himself in front of other contenders for the Guinea Bissau. If you are familiar with those Pan was in competition with, then fair enough, but few will be.

You've then decided that a player who has never played in front of a big crowd for Argyle will respond so dramatically that he will "easily be our stand-out player". This despite not knowing half of next season's squad, and therefore who he is standing-out from!

I'd certainly add my congratulations to Pan for his call up, but am I alone in thinking some over-hype him? Amazing is such an overused word - was he really "amazing at times"? Yes he can be a very exciting player who certainly has potential, but along with so many of his teammates he fell away badly in the second half of the season. He's very naive in some ways - fans will correctly say that it was his first season in L1 - but he's 24 years old and made more than 100 appearances in L2, so he's not a total novice. I hope he will respond to crowds and fulfil that potential, but there's no certainty.

What a bizarre post.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
It’s a pity that you can’t spread a bit of harmless optimism about one of our players without being criticised.
I had similar from XT recently when I was making a comparison between Mike Cooper and Aaron Ramsdale.
Well done, Pan!!!

Apr 1, 2009
davie nine":3o09xuq5 said:
It’s a pity that you can’t spread a bit of harmless optimism about one of our players without being criticised.
I had similar from XT recently when I was making a comparison between Mike Cooper and Aaron Ramsdale.
Well done, Pan!!!

Criticism? Yes, I've queried a couple of things Adam has said, but is debate and different opinion not allowed? He's entitled to his opinion, as I am to mine, and if he found it over-critical, or abrasive, I apologise, because that was not the intention. I notice you never credit me for any positivity - I did congratulate Pan, and comment on his potential.

Re Cooper/Ramsdale, from memory I asked who had rated Cooper higher, a straight question with absolutely no malice or criticism. You said Rachel Brown-Finnis who I acknowledged ought to know what she was talking about. I've commended Mike Cooper several times, possibly I've criticised him once or twice, but overall rate him very highly. I am pretty baffled on that one, but if I've upset you on it Davie then I'll again apologise because that's not the intention.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
I like Camara but his consistency has to improve next season.
He was very much supposed to be the driving force in centre mid whilst another player mopped up (be it Fornah or McLeod) but he actually didn't have much of an end product....for those critical of Mayor's end product, Camara is one of the guys who should be benefiting from the double marking of Mayor... as the nominated attacking central midfielder he needs to do more next season in front of goal and in terms of getting into the area. Joe Edwards was more of a goal threat from right back and if we could find a decent rwb then I'd be playing Edwards in midfield in place of Camara for goal threat alone

May 22, 2006
block3green":3ds8hovk said:
Anyone know if this game is being televised anywhere in the world?

Not available in UK on tv or by streaming. Only a friendly but Cape Verde are unbeaten in five games, including wins over Brazil U21 and Cameroon. Match kicks off 1pm UK time tomorrow. Given the opposition it may be covered on a Portuguese channel. If it is televised, details will be here…

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4009 ... e-islands/

Jul 6, 2011
up_the_line":2g2rxy5c said:
I like Camara but his consistency has to improve next season.
He was very much supposed to be the driving force in centre mid whilst another player mopped up (be it Fornah or McLeod) but he actually didn't have much of an end product....for those critical of Mayor's end product, Camara is one of the guys who should be benefiting from the double marking of Mayor... as the nominated attacking central midfielder he needs to do more next season in front of goal and in terms of getting into the area. Joe Edwards was more of a goal threat from right back and if we could find a decent rwb then I'd be playing Edwards in midfield in place of Camara for goal threat alone

Yep, totally agree. Everyone seem to wet their pants when he's on the ball, but I'm not so sure based on his consistency, we will see what happens next season.
The more interesting point is who plays out of Mayor, G Cooper and Grant, they can't all start or can they?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Argyle only have four.

Panutche and the three for iFollow.