Pilgrim’s progress? Where will we finish next season? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Pilgrim’s progress? Where will we finish next season?

May 22, 2006
While we all hope for an improvement next season, the bookies odds have us down to finish 18th again, the same as last season. First show is 33/1 for Argyle to win the league.

Current favourites at 7/1 are Sunderland and Sheffield Weds (poor value as the club seems to be in chaos).

Surprisingly Bolton are 16/1 foot the league but favourites for relegation are the other three teams to be promoted, plus Accy and Wimbledon.

Silly to bet so early and before player signings but what are people’s thought on who will go up or down next season?

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
If Mayor and Grant re-sign and we take in a good back-up GK, a decent RB, 3 more decent CB's, a decent LB, another defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder in the Friio/Sarcevic mould, an excellent target man and a back-up, I reckon we'll have a fair chance of a top half finish!

Oct 31, 2015
With the current squad I'm afraid it's bottom.of the table. Let's see who RL signs.

I’ve absolutely no stats to back this up, but I’m convinced that most teams which flirt with relegation generally improve the next season. It’s as though they’ve stared into the abyss and tried harder as a consequence.

For that reason I think that Argyle, Burton, Wimbledon and Wigan will finish mid-table.

Promotion, my bet is Rotherham, Pompey and Ipswich.

Relegation, Morecambe, Wednesday + 2 more I can’t guess.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":204sokaf said:
We have about 8 players so how anyone can have an opinion yet is beyond me.
And me.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
This is as bad as those who were summing up the season with 6 or 7 games (where we barely got a point) still to play.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Hard to tell as yet as we've not actually able to field a proper team of XI players yet.

Clearly Lowe has identified the need to for proper defenders so I reckon we'll certainly improve on last season defensively. A lot may hinge on whether Mayor re-sins for me and who else we bring in. Also there are a lot of big clubs in League 1 this season who will undoubtedly be aiming for promotion.

To summarise my heart is saying we can finish just inside the top half but my head is saying 14-15th is more realistic. I'll make another prediction when we've signed players as I'm expecting at least 10 new faces.

C

Cult Of Personality

To early to tell .let's see who signs on the dotted line first .

Atm I would say relegated based on who is in the squad and what positions need filling .

Ken Beale

♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
Sep 10, 2012
33-1 for winning the league I am off to the bookies, I do that bet every year. Green Army

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Ken Beale":vykmlyk7 said:
33-1 for winning the league I am off to the bookies, I do that bet every year. Green Army

Far too early for that sort of optimism Ken , think you should wait until we're 4 pts clear with 1game left . :D