iFollow stats (Argyle third most watched team in League One) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

iFollow stats (Argyle third most watched team in League One)

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ifollow have indicated that we were the 3rd most viewed team in League 1 last season behind Ipswich who were 1st and Pompey who were 2nd.

To me that is quite impressive considering the season we had and we were above Sunderland.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Impressive and to beat Hull City as well.

Some clubs like Sunderland and Charlton didn't use iFollow and instead used StreamAMG which is the service Argyle will be using next season.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Does that mean that, when we played Sunderland and Charlton away, there were 2 ‘streams’ from their grounds?
I don’t understand the technicalities.

May 22, 2006
Also, don’t forget some clubs like Hull, Sunderland and Pompey had numerous matches on Sky, so that would have negated i Follow subscribers. Did we have one, or no games on Sky?

Not sure what is being quoted but statistics can be used to highlight many things. Every chance that our number per actual match on i Follow may not have been top three.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
pastiesforlife":34mdc5b7 said:
Also, don’t forget some clubs like Hull, Sunderland and Pompey had numerous matches on Sky, so that would have negated i Follow subscribers. Did we have one, or no games on Sky?

Not sure what is being quoted but statistics can be used to highlight many things. Every chance that our number per actual match on i Follow may not have been top three.

Just the home game against Pompey was on Sky. If it's based on average per available stream, rather than total subscribers then that would be more meaningful.

Either way, still firm evidence of our standing as one of the best supported clubs in League 1- despite the nosedive towards the end of the season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
davie nine":2wsrp8d4 said:
Does that mean that, when we played Sunderland and Charlton away, there were 2 ‘streams’ from their grounds?
I don’t understand the technicalities.

They probably shared the same cameras. Wigan in our league also used StreamAmg and most of the Premier League and Championship use it as well.
We'll find out next season exactly how iFollow and StreamAmg share facilities.

Dec 30, 2020
pastiesforlife":2c948hgl said:

Find it quite believable that Argyle would have higher viewing figures than anyone in the league except Sunderland, Ipswich and Pompey.

Watching the games online is a very pale imitation of the real thing, and it's only the hardcore that go in for it. There are a few clubs who will have attracted season ticket holders off the back spells in the premier league or 'statement' new stadia, but the depth of their support is weaker.

In terms of really committed fans, I think we'd certainly be in the top 4 or 5 in the division and these figures seem to confirm that.