Dan Scarr joins Argyle (two-year deal) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Dan Scarr joins Argyle (two-year deal)

May 22, 2006
Think he might be better than what the Walsall fans think. He was one of two players offered a new contract, so somebody must rate him.

Certainly an area of the squad that we need to strengthen.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Welcome aboard.

Our defence looking a lot nastier (in a good way) this season.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I remember another big, commanding CB who arrived with poor-average reviews, his name was Sonny Bradley.

Oct 1, 2013
Difficult one this... clearly we need reinforcements defensively and Lowe does seem to be addressing some of last seasons frailties in Wilson and Scarr.

We struggled massively with set pieces and lacked experience, these two should help to resolve those issues.

The only concern is how do they fit with the ball at feet? Is Lowe less concerned with ball-playing defenders than he previously was?

Having watched Aimson being so wasteful in possession it does worry me that Scarr will be of the same mould.... but... he's new and gets full support and should not be prejudged!

Jun 27, 2019
Only time will tell if the Walsall fans were right, but there certainly seems to be a radical makeover of our defence underway.

Let's just hope we're signing good footballers rather than just lower-league meatheads who can head a football. The last time I checked RL likes his defenders to play out from the back and that is apparently not something Scarr is very good at.

Jul 12, 2016
So the data analysis has thrown up Scarr as the best available centre back? I hope to be proved wrong but a player from a struggling division two side is hardly inspiring.If he's the standard we are looking at to strengthen our team god help us!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":371dmm8g said:
So the data analysis has thrown up Scarr as the best available centre back? I hope to be proved wrong but a player from a struggling division two side is hardly inspiring.If he's the standard we are looking at to strengthen our team god help us!

The whole point of data analytics is to identify less-than-obvious signings overlooked by other clubs. There'd be no advantage to it, if it just brought up players we'd choose as fans.

This is exactly the sort of signing I'd expect using those methods.

Mar 21, 2008
I have a sneaky feeling we’ve gone for this guy based on what the stats say rather than what he’s like as an actual footballer in the real world.

I hope it’s not as much of a disaster as it sounds, some additions like Bradley had some bad reviews from previous fans when joining but they were on a whole different level to this guy, with many questioning how he even earns a living as a footballer let alone playing for a league one side

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
oldage":1rux1vys said:

I seem to remember we signed some guy called....erm, Mariner was it? From a much lower league! Whatever happened to him?!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
From the statistics Dan Scarr appears a powerful uncompromising defender, dominant in the air, good tackler and not afraid to throw himself into the cause judging by his high ranked blocked shots stats.

A defender who really knows the art of defending looking at the numbers.

I would hope that he would play in the middle of a back 3 with better ball playing centre backs either side of him, as the middle CB really shouldn’t need to be someone to bring the ball forward, rather give a simple ball to someone who can do this job better.

Good signing in my opinion. Welcome to Plymouth Dan… :thumbup: