Don’t judge a book by it’s cover | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Don’t judge a book by it’s cover

Aug 22, 2020
I’m sick and tired of argyle fans having a uneducated opinion on any our signings, Every year this happens, why can’t we all leave our opinions until the end of august when we can see for our own eyes what they are like. It’s so boring. You can tell the majority of argyle are from Plymouth or old because all you do is moan moan and pi***** moan :doh:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Jakepafc":bqwg64vh said:
I’m sick and tired of argyle fans having a uneducated opinion on any our signings, Every year this happens, why can’t we all leave our opinions until the end of august when we can see for our own eyes what they are like. It’s so boring. You can tell the majority of argyle are from Plymouth or old because all you do is moan moan and pi***** moan :doh:

Is this you having a moan, Jake?? :think:

Apr 1, 2009
You're presumably neither from Plymouth, or old. It's a bit of a myth that the young don't moan, or for that matter those outside Plymouth.

Aug 5, 2016
I do agree actually. I often have reservations about the signings Argyle make, but acknowledge to myself they are superficial and based on stats or other fans' opinions. It is no way to get the measure of a player.
You can't really judge a player until he pulls on a green shirt and tries his best.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Come to think of it we could all club together & buy Man Citeh 1st team & people would still complain :funny:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Point horror

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Jakepafc":3ce8v43f said:

I`m sure the average age would be no more than mid twenties at most with Danny Mayor probably being the oldest. :twisted:

Oct 5, 2013
I think it could be a bit of a westcountry character trait for the initial reaction to be sceptical about things, without any real reason to be. Just as in Liverpool for example, it’s probably a local character trait to be a bit cocky, and over-confident if anything. And in Yorkshire the people tend to be a bit dour, as if they’re determined not to get too excited about things. So maybe the OP has picked up on something here.