• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The LG programme collection

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
I've reached a crossroads.
Since last summer when I knew that Emma was on her way, i've been thinking about my Argyle supporting days and the fine balancing act with that of being a family man.
It'll be 25 years this May since my first live Argyle match, and at most of the matches I've been to I've bought a programme. Also in my younger days I did the collector's bit and bought programmes from Steve Earl Football Programmes, and other traders, and filled in my collection from mid 60's onwards (65/66 being my earliest season) up to the present date.
I've decided that the time has come to make some space and to try and find a new home for these programmes to people who would care for them, and get use/pleasure/information from them more than I do at the moment, which sees them sitting in plastic boxes, just taking up room.
I've got far too many to list and I really don't know what they are worth. I've taken soundings from a couple of other collectors about prices etc and looked at Smiffy's website link, but i'm sure if you're interested we can come to some sort of Pasoti PM deal(s).
I will also be making a donation to Pasoti (Dave Gadd) for putting up this memorabilia board.
So it's over to you good people to send me your PM lists of any 'wants' to fill in your collections and we'll see what we can do.

A

Andy_Lannie

Lostwithiel_green":3jlx6s09 said:
Well as no one is seemingly interested, does anyone have any ideas about any programme 'traders' out there?

Wait until new years eve and burn 'em and don't worry about your co2 footprint.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Babararacucudada":1j8jjxor said:
The trouble is that these things do take up a lot of room.

There are some programmes that I don't have that I would like to get but just do not want a full season's worth to get. Also part of the fun is the hunt and this getting the lot on a plate ~ it just does not seem right.

A trader will give you a price, I suppose, but a full set like you talk of must be of some wider historical interest. If Argyle was to ever set up McCauley's museum that would be a good destination as might the PCC Museum/Reference library or even the National Football Museum at Preston.

If it was me I would rather give them away than sell to a trader ~ especially if they were to form an archive somewhere.
Baba, i don't have any complete sets for any season. A couple of seasons with all the home programmes maybe, but there are some away matches missing in most of the seasons i decided to collect.
In respect to your last comment, that would probably be the case if there was such an archive somewhere, although her indoors would probably give me more than a little grief if i decided to do it that way.
Perhaps I should approach Argyle and come to some 'deal' over a season ticket :wink:

A

Andy_Lannie

Herb":2xf9rj88 said:
I'm absolutely certain that the Club will come in and sort this.

For the museum......that you'll need in the new hotel.......IN THE RECEPTION AREA!!!

God! Sometimes you have to shout so loud.

nah.. underground parking lot, room for a 1000 cars and a janner bike or two.

You could wallpapera local residential home with them.

Yes mrs mmekins this is the 1972 room complete with views of Home Park and other balck and white picttures from that era. Not an Argo fan, never mind, you'll get used to the room, one of my all time favourites.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
LG have you ever considered that when your kids are older and you are no more they may be pleased to have your programs for themselves? - (i assume they will be green!) Particularly the ones from the matches you actually attended. My lad is eleven and occassionally buys a program for a special match but i always tell him they will all be his eventually. He likes the idea of this, whether he'll feel different when he actually has to store them who knows. Just a thought.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
gil":2mody6i9 said:
LG have you ever considered that when your kids are older and you are no more they may be pleased to have your programs for themselves? - (i assume they will be green!) Particularly the ones from the matches you actually attended. My lad is eleven and occassionally buys a program for a special match but i always tell him they will all be his eventually. He likes the idea of this, whether he'll feel different when he actually has to store them who knows. Just a thought.
I have thought of this mate.
But as James is only going to be 4 in July, he's still a bit young to be looking forward to all that excitement!
Things might change if we get a loft ladder sorted out this summer, and so storage space will be increased.
I have had contact from someone regarding some programmes they wanted and that's being sorted at the end of the month.
And after yesterday's emotional end of an era celebrations i'm still a bit 'up in the air' about it all.