Toothpaste update | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Toothpaste update

Jul 18, 2008
Derrifjord
Maclean update..

House is sold, just ongoing waiting time as usual.

Other half quitting work at hospital soon to move back up to scotland.

Most interestingly for us, toothpaste is apparently readying himself for a move to a team in Europe. More details soon.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Good. I don't care who he goes to or where that is, just as long as he goes.

Complete waste of space and one of our worst signings ever.

Mar 7, 2009
If he is moving, surely he would have told Reid?

And surely Reid wouldn't have give him much game time in the PSFs?

Apr 1, 2009
Time given to Maclean in PSFs can be seen as wasted if he leaves. On the other hand, it could showcase the player's talents and he will be a more attractive proposition to someone else if he is match fit. It can also, of course, display other aspects of the player's temperment such as he can be hot headed and is capable of being sent off.

I note incidently on the brief synopsis thread that John Lloyd reports that Maclean and (fellow slacker) BWP worked hard last night.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
xmastree":2rdw4fq6 said:
I note incidently on the brief synopsis thread that John Lloyd reports that Maclean and (fellow slacker) BWP worked hard last night.
Nicely put!!! :)

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
It was interesting listening to BWP in his AW interview from the Netherlands the other day... he is clearly desperate to avoid the situation of last year where he got crocked in a pre-season game... he said his main interest this pre season is to avoid injury.

I am not sure it is fair to call him a slacker - different people play in different ways. The proof in the pudding for a striker is output - if he bangs in 15 goals I think his work rate won't be a problem - just compare people praising Joe Mason for doing bugger all (you know what I mean) except putting the ball in ... so let's be consistent?

Nov 3, 2006
Peter Ryan":ga6vk3aa said:
It was interesting listening to BWP in his AW interview from the Netherlands the other day... he is clearly desperate to avoid the situation of last year where he got crocked in a pre-season game... he said his main interest this pre season is to avoid injury.

I am not sure it is fair to call him a slacker - different people play in different ways. The proof in the pudding for a striker is output - if he bangs in 15 goals I think his work rate won't be a problem - just compare people praising Joe Mason for doing bugger all (you know what I mean) except putting the ball in ... so let's be consistent?

True, but SM has never (for us) scored 15 goals in a season, or looked like ever getting close.

Surely there comes a point where it becomes difficult to defend a player against criticism - SM has passed that point.

Apr 1, 2009
My 'slacker' remark is based on Reid reportedly telling both Maclean and BWP that they must work harder.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Paul H":3dkjcegg said:
Peter Ryan":3dkjcegg said:

True, but SM has never (for us) scored 15 goals in a season, or looked like ever getting close.

Surely there comes a point where it becomes difficult to defend a player against criticism - SM has passed that point.

Sorry, my remark was about BWP. I agree with you re Steve MacLean.

A

Anonymous

The quicker he goes the better.

I hope he's going to Turkey, that would have a nice 'balance' as far as I'm concerned.

May 19, 2009
São Plympton
the house he has stayed in was up for sale ages ago by the guy who Steve rents it off, aparently they wont ''settle'' till he knows his future

G

Gareth Nicholson

iJN":mqy6ywxw said:

I hope he's going to Turkey, that would have a nice 'balance' as far as I'm concerned.

I don't get it.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Gareth Nicholson":3ovp6hxr said:
iJN":3ovp6hxr said:

I don't get it.

Neither did I but thinking about it more, does Ian mean that SM could then be a turkey (a flop) playing in Turkey (the country)?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Peter Ryan":mf4j9e1h said:

I do not see young Joe Mason being any worse than Tommy Tynan in his heyday. He was a 'sniffer' around the box rather than taking a post in defence of a corner. If JM is half the scorer this season as TT was in our promotion year, I will be delighted for him and rejoice.