Chelsea Youngster | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Chelsea Youngster

Dec 18, 2008
Unfortunately my Brother is a Chelsea fan, lives near there. Not actually in Chelsea, but in some whole outside. We're working class after all.

Anyway, there's a buzz about Sam Hutchison coming down for 3 Months. Talented Right-back, spent some of last season on loan at Norwich. Chelsea hold him in high regard but want him to get match experience.

Thats whats on the South London Grapevine.

Sorry but i doubt that is true. Chelsea are struggling to fill the quota of 8 english players in their 25 squad. They have Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, John Terry, Daniel Sturridge and Ross Turnbull so need 3 more, Jack Cork and Sam Hutchison are tipped to be two of them.

Devonportender":2pmk8v8s said:
Sorry but i doubt that is true. Chelsea are struggling to fill the quota of 8 english players in their 25 squad. They have Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, John Terry, Daniel Sturridge and Ross Turnbull so need 3 more, Jack Cork and Sam Hutchison are tipped to be two of them.

If you mean the 25-man Premier League squad, then it doesn't matter as Hutchison counts as U-21 and so can be included on top of the 25 named. The new rules just mean they can have no more than 17 foreign players over 21yrs old, then can top up the quota to 25 with some homegrown players over 21yrs old. After that, they could have 500 U-21s (like Hutchison) if they so desired.

If you mean the Champs League squad, then I have no idea how that works so you could be right. :)

Jun 8, 2009
ScratchyMattress":aa255jvk said:
Devonportender":aa255jvk said:

If you mean the 25-man Premier League squad, then it doesn't matter as Hutchison counts as U-21 and so can be included on top of the 25 named. The new rules just mean they can have no more than 17 foreign players over 21yrs old, then can top up the quota to 25 with some homegrown players over 21yrs old. After that, they could have 500 U-21s (like Hutchison) if they so desired.

If you mean the Champs League squad, then I have no idea how that works so you could be right. :)

yes but , they can add them in the squad to make the quota's

Green94":1jsz9ouu said:
ScratchyMattress":1jsz9ouu said:
Devonportender":1jsz9ouu said:

yes but , they can add them in the squad to make the quota's
True, but I think they're allowed to have smaller squads than 25 if they want, still supplemented by the U-21s.

Chelsea shouldn't have a problem anyway. They currently have 17 foreigners (Ramires' arrival will probably mean Deco leaving then) and four or five homegrown oldies. The only problem they have is being at the limit of their foreigner-quota.

R

Rob_of_the_Greens

Slightly off topic, but my understanding is not that it is about "foreign" players, but to do with homegrown talent, regardless of nationality.

Players have to have been trained for three years, before they are 21, in this country. For example, Cesc Fabregas counts as homegrown for Arsenal. I'm sure Chelsea will be able to supplement their squad with players they have or have had knocking around their youth system.

Dec 18, 2008
Yeah Rob_of_the_greens is right. Jon Obi Mikel counts as an homegrown player too by these new rules.

But again as being under-21 he wont need to be registred anyway.

Aug 22, 2006
Slightly related - I've heard from a top source that DP may be coming... not from Chelsea though... a team north of the river.

D

deanthegreenmachine

MAZZA26":206ltv7k said:
Slightly related - I've heard from a top source that DP may be coming... not from Chelsea though... a team north of the river.

Danny Purdy ...west ham forward?

Aug 22, 2006
deanthegreenmachine":2d1tbwsr said:
MAZZA26":2d1tbwsr said:

Danny Purdy ...west ham forward?

Not a bad guess actually, but not what i've heard.
He is a midfielder... wait for it.... an attacking midfielder! Decent.