Possible Spurs Loanees | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Possible Spurs Loanees

A

Amsterdam_Jim

My brother's a Spurs fan, and sent me this:

Rumour on Spurs fan site that Argyle are negotiating to take Jake Livermore (midfielder) and Jon Obika (striker) on loan from Spurs. The latter did well for Yeovil last year.

There's a few rumours about the loan players now.
Jon Obika had a couple of loan spells in league one last season at Yeovil and Millwall. He scored against Sporting Club de Portugal in pre season for spurs.
Jake Livermore is in and around the first team. He was the young lad who scored the goal for Spurs in a 1–1 friendly draw against Barcelona in the Wembley Cup last pre season. Was on loan at Derby & Peterborough in the CHampionship last season.

Wouldn't be bad signings.

M

Mike Hughes

Rumoured on Vital about Obika, as well as Andros Townsend a winger who has played on loan at Leyton orient and MK Dons (I think).

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
They could be good signings for us, although i would have thought that if Spurs do loan out Livermore they would want him to try and play in the championship!!

Aug 22, 2006
You are nearly right in terms of football club.... well so i've heard... from someone via 'arry...
Other post will reveal the player...

A

Ashers12

This should prob be a rumour at this moment in time, but I'll say it any way. I was speaking to my bro in law today he is a season ticket holder at the lane has been all his life anyways he called me out of the blue just to tell me that there is alot off talk around north London near where he lives about Jake Livermore and or John obika joining us prob on loan. If true we will have two of spurs most promising youths at home park this season wow. Posted this to see if there is any London based fans on here that may have heard anything about this?? Please everyone don't hound me I'm just passing on info I have been given please don't shoot the messenger lol, I know how it can be on here. :)

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
interesting if true. both very promising players from what i hear from a spurs supporter i know. no reason to doubt your brother in law but this'll be in rumours before you can say taxi driver.

A

Ashers12

Ha ha u guys was rite it was taken and put on rumours within minutes lol good one but ur rite I won't doubt my bro as he would not just text me out of the blue to tell me total poppycock wow that was a funky word lol cheers guys :-D

May 16, 2005
Elburton
Just been in touch with a Spurs fan - there seems to be some mileage in the Obika and Livermore stories. He believes that loan deals will be done next week.

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
pontypoolgreen":349utr7u said:
I wonder who they are eyeing up to go the other way??

Normally prem loans are one way, they have the quality we can't afford, they need experience which we can help with.

So the fact you have mentioned it means that these loans are a sweetener for the sale of one of ours.

I would say the only 2 we have that could interest Harry are Mason and Reda. You have already mentioned on the Reda thread that a move for him by a Prem team may not be out of the realms of fantasy, so putting 2 and 2 together i would say we are seeling Johnson to Spurs and getting 2 young'uns to grease the wheels.......been watching to much Sherlock

The only spanner in the theory is the 25 man squad rule, which would be quite a risk to put an untried over 21 year old foreigner into the 25.

ok I'll stop rambling now.....close or not?

Mar 5, 2006
Ipswich
McQ":12waf0de said:
pontypoolgreen":12waf0de said:
I wonder who they are eyeing up to go the other way??

Normally prem loans are one way, they have the quality we can't afford, they need experience which we can help with.

So the fact you have mentioned it means that these loans are a sweetener for the sale of one of ours.

I would say the only 2 we have that could interest Harry are Mason and Reda. You have already mentioned on the Reda thread that a move for him by a Prem team may not be out of the realms of fantasy, so putting 2 and 2 together i would say we are seeling Johnson to Spurs and getting 2 young'uns to grease the wheels.......been watching to much Sherlock

The only spanner in the theory is the 25 man squad rule, which would be quite a risk to put an untried over 21 year old foreigner into the 25.

ok I'll stop rambling now.....close or not?

Watson can you verify?