Clark return to Aberdeen? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Clark return to Aberdeen?

B

bugbug93

Heard today that Chris Clark was having talks with Mark McGhee about a possible loan return to Aberdeen.

Apr 1, 2009
Can only see it if Clark (or more likely his wife) is homesick.

I certainly don't want to see Clark starting every week. However as we hopefully move towards a smaller squad, there is a need for a player who can act as cover in a range of positions. That, and that only, should be Clark's role.

Jun 24, 2008
I want chris clark to stay. he's a great proffessional, plays where ever he's asked to play, he can adapt, he's fit and hardly unavailable. he's gots attributes accross the board, can whip a ball in if need be, can pass, likes a tackle and more importantly works hard. He very rarely has a bad game (struggling to think of one). Admitedly he doesnt have stand out performances but thats the beauty of him, he's consistent enough for us not to notice. He played well in the middle of the park against notts county the other day too.

I quite often put many others ahead of him on my desired starting 11 every week so im a hippacrit but i cant help but feel we'd miss him once he's gone and as they say, you never notice what you had till its gone so lets not learn the hard way just yet.

Feb 8, 2009
macleanie":josz3ddg said:
I want chris clark to stay. he's a great proffessional, plays where ever he's asked to play, he can adapt, he's fit and hardly unavailable. he's gots attributes accross the board, can whip a ball in if need be, can pass, likes a tackle and more importantly works hard. He very rarely has a bad game (struggling to think of one). Admitedly he doesnt have stand out performances but thats the beauty of him, he's consistent enough for us not to notice. He played well in the middle of the park against notts county the other day too.

I quite often put many others ahead of him on my desired starting 11 every week so im a hippacrit but i cant help but feel we'd miss him once he's gone and as they say, you never notice what you had till its gone so lets not learn the hard way just yet.

Someone's keen! :wink:

Jun 24, 2008
CoulsdonGreen":2kviui8x said:
macleanie":2kviui8x said:

:lol:

I really should read through everything i write, check for spelling, general grammer and sexual innuendos. :oops:

A

Anonymous

macleanie":31mi5klu said:
CoulsdonGreen":31mi5klu said:
macleanie":31mi5klu said:

:lol:

I really should read through everything i write, check for spelling, general grammer and sexual innuendos. :oops:

Sorry. Couldn't resist it.

M

MylesPAFC

king tynan":24jnzbrc said:
i will personally drive the removal van back to scotland free of charge. he is nowhere near good enough :twisted:

Will you drive him back once his loan finishes ? :roll:

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
He's a good player to have around, can play in a 101 positions and do a decent job.

Doesn't excel anywhere but you know you will get a steady performance wherever you put him with the occasional stormer of a game.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
He is a steady player who has never let us down and i hope he stays, he can play in a number of positions and is a useful player to have in the squad.

R

Rob_of_the_Greens

I think there are a vast number of Clark critics who have only seen him at home, often playing an undesired role.

He is of great value away from home, when you need, as I believe PR would call it, "legs". While two of Mason, Noone and Bolasie tearing apart full backs sounds great, practically it is rarely workable. A squad needs a Clark-type of player.

Mario":3pt142ht said:
He's a good player to have around, can play in a 101 positions and do a decent job.

Doesn't excel anywhere but you know you will get a steady performance wherever you put him with the occasional stormer of a game.

Problem for me is that the only one he's any good at it is on the wing, and no manager seems to want to stick him out there for any length of time. Must be a reason for that, I suppose, but from the outside it looks a shame.

Apr 1, 2009
Get your money on Aberdeen for the SPL. With Folly and Clark in the same MF they will be unstoppable.