Strikers | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Strikers

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
Dont know if this is the right place for this.....

Why dont we look at these guys to answer our goal scoring problems

Izale McLeod
His records at MK Dons is pretty impressive Games 116, 54 Goals (Just had a unsucessful trail at Southend, (knee still an issue????)

Jeremie Aliadiere
Proven at championship level with Wolves and Middlesborough (wages might be an issue??)

Febian Brandy
Again proven striker at this level with Gillingham and Swansea also played for Manchester United Youth and England U20s

All these players are avaliable on a frees and are (on paper) alot better (Mason Excluded) than what we have

So Peter Reid why not have a look at these guys?

Aug 26, 2009
Plympton
We could have Torres, but even he is unlikely to score if he fails to get good service.

I believe that is the nub of the problem. How often do we see our wide men beating their full back, getting to the by-line and dragging back crosses, or full backs over-lapping? Look at the generally poor level of our crosses! How often do we see lovely through balls into the channels, for forwards to run on to?

We are far too pedestrian and narrow. We do not stretch opposing defences!

PR needs time. Trouble is, how long? I believe that we can secure a safe mid-table position as we are at present, but it will still take a lot of effort. New faces cost money, which we clearly have little of, and there is no guarantee that they would provide the answers anyway.

I just get the feeling that all is not well within the dressing room. Attitudes do not appear to be right to me. I believe that PR should concentrate on getting rid of the deadwood first, and at least that might sharpen up the dressing room, and get rid of some possibly disruptive influences in that area.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I think we have a goalscorer in Joe Mason we just need somebody to give him the ball.

Summerfields ball to him the other day was hardly a good delivery but he turned and got the goal out of nowhere.

Feed the Joe and he will score :)

Apr 7, 2010
plympton
I would love to see Brandy down at Argyle he's a very good player.

Mcleod would also be a very good signing , He's still a very good player for league one standerd's perhaps his knee could be a problem though.

Aliadiere wouldnt join Argyle so we can forget about him , His wages would be too much anyway!.

COYG :D :-D :D :-D :grin:

Aug 22, 2006
LiskeardLooney":cp47aiev said:

Izale McLeod
His records at MK Dons is pretty impressive Games 116, 54 Goals (Just had a unsucessful trail at Southend, (knee still an issue????)

Jeremie Aliadiere
Proven at championship level with Wolves and Middlesborough (wages might be an issue??)

Febian Brandy
Again proven striker at this level with Gillingham and Swansea also played for Manchester United Youth and England U20s

All these players are avaliable on a frees and are (on paper) alot better (Mason Excluded) than what we have

Aliadiere was on around 27k a week at Boro. More chance of signing Paul Scholes next season.
Brandy might be alright but very short. Not so sure if he will fit into our team.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
MAZZA26":2p7y5aah said:
LiskeardLooney":2p7y5aah said:

Izale McLeod

Jeremie Aliadiere

Febian Brandy

Aliadiere was on around 27k a week at Boro. More chance of signing Paul Scholes next season.
Brandy might be alright but very short. Not so sure if he will fit into our team.

Perhaps there is somebody out there called 'Soda'? They should complement each other pretty well.

Mar 2, 2008
Quintrell_Green":1wy1gcuo said:
MAZZA26":1wy1gcuo said:
LiskeardLooney":1wy1gcuo said:

Izale McLeod

Jeremie Aliadiere

Febian Brandy

Perhaps there is somebody out there called 'Soda'? They should complement each other pretty well.

I noticed Jeremie Alialidere was listed. Perhaps Argyle could stiffen up the attack with a bit of Ron Jeremy instead. :)