Does anyone remember the old scoreboard at Home Park? | PASOTI

Does anyone remember the old scoreboard at Home Park?

Jul 13, 2009
LISKEARD
Peter_dout":2ojt2wq8 said:
scoreboard.jpg

And look, we're losing!

What year was THAT???

A

Anonymous

When I drove my remote controlled truck onto the pitch, the words' well done to the driver of the yellow truck' came up. A few weeks later, a steward attempted to take it off, because he said it would cut up the turf. :lol:

I can also remember us beating Wolves, and it had 'Kevin Hodge dances with Wolves', about ten minutes after he scored the only goal (from memory).

Aug 10, 2006
didn't work well for long did it,came from some swiss firm that went bust not long after i seem to remember.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
I remember taking a photo of that after we beat Southampton in a pre-season friendly, I think we won 2-0. Southampton were giants at the time, so in my book the result was astounding enough for me to take a photo. Think Le Tiss' played, if I remember rightly...

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
I only remember it as being rubbish even when it was new.
It was probably hooked up to a Speccy.

I do remember there was a football that rolled jerkily across it, leaving pixellated bits of itself behind as it went :lol:

It stood for several more seasons as an extra advertisement hoarding (Sunday Independent?) before it toppled backwards over into the zoo without anyone noticing.

IJN":2jomdw3v said:
When I drove my remote controlled truck onto the pitch, the words' well done to the driver of the yellow truck' came up. A few weeks later, a steward attempted to take it off, because he said it would cut up the turf. :lol:

I can also remember us beating Wolves, and it had 'Kevin Hodge dances with Wolves', about ten minutes after he scored the only goal (from memory).

My god i remember that!!!!! that was you, lol :lol:

Like a lot of other things in Argyles history, the scoreboard was a joke and like us in a cup, it didn't last long.

May 3, 2009
perlymuff
The scoreboard was crap but the picture does bring back some great memories (the scoreline excepted) great days watching proper football real old school style

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
The scoreboard was rubbish,but the remote control car was pure class.Perhaps you could do it again,it would certainly liven up half time.

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
Oh happy days. Rmember it fondly, not that it was there for long. Didn't they box it over in the end once it had given up the ghost for the last time?

The number of stuck pixels seemed to increase weekly until you couldn't make out a thing.

Also remember Bristol Rovers' Carl Saunders being described as Coral.

Dec 1, 2008
North London
good pic of scoreboard and the old Barn Park End.

Always was jealous of away fans who didnt have to queue for that refreshment window, they used to wander up whenever and always first in the queue - ahhh the good ol' days. Seen that end full (Pompey Dec 86, Chelsea Sept 87, with Argyle fans on the night we beat Bristol City in Apr 1986) and empty on so many occasions

Jan 10, 2006
Shanghai
I remember it being crap...but that is even more crap than I remember it to be! I don't remember ot saying much more than...

COME ON YOU GREENS
COME ON YOU GREENS
COME ON YOU GREENS

...that was about it!

D

DuncMcRae

i recall that the remote control car got a better write-up in the Sunday Independent than any of the players that day. and the cheer when it went across the goal-line....!!