Rugby at HP? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rugby at HP?

• Thread starter Gareth Nicholson
  • Start date
G

Gareth Nicholson

Is anyone aware of a suggestion that HP hosting Plymouth Albion matches is being considered? It would seem strange having just shelled out on a cracking playing surface, but maybe I heard wrong.

A

Anonymous

Well, it was quite openly discussed that there were 'holders' for the rugby post within the new pitch.

It makes sense from a financial angle and the egg chasers would see a decent ground for a change, rather than the Beduin monstrosity down at Brickfields.

A

Anonymous

Gareth Nicholson":1dvj4d3a said:
Is anyone aware of a suggestion that HP hosting Plymouth Albion matches is being considered? It would seem strange having just shelled out on a cracking playing surface, but maybe I heard wrong.

I don't know about Albion but the pitch was built with rugby in mind, probably exhibition matches or cup games. I'm sure there are holes already in the pitch ready for rugby posts.
All part of the "more events" criteria.

Keith Todd said -
"We have put in a new pitch to improve the playing surface and to make it more durable so that more events can take place on it."

G

Gareth Nicholson

IJN":29n86x2r said:
Well, it was quite openly discussed that there were 'holders' for the rugby post within the new pitch.

It makes sense from a financial angle and the egg chasers would see a decent ground for a change, rather than the Beduin monstrosity down at Brickfields.

I didn't follow the new pitch stuff in such minute detail - would it make sense from a financial angle? Would Albion be able to pay enough to offset all costs, including damage to the pitch especially given the amount of rain Plymouth gets? And if they could, would that money go to the 'club' or to the business?

I can't see that Albion are packing Brickfields to the seams every week as it is.

Apr 1, 2009
There was a bizarre rumour at one time that the Board were considering Rugby LEAGUE - how egg chasing for northerners would pull the fans I fail to understand.

C

Cult Of Personality

xmastree":2kyw0ak4 said:
There was a bizarre rumour at one time that the Board were considering Rugby LEAGUE - how egg chasing for northerners would pull the fans I fail to understand.
]

I would go i find League better then the slow boring union

League is quicker and more skillfull

Feb 21, 2008
xmastree":17i1hzxd said:

There is a massive following for rugby league in the south west and if there was to be a league team I reckon you would pull in more fans than Albion get, I beleive though that the exhibition idea like the Murrayfield Magic weekend plus touring international teams is more likely to happen in the short term.

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
crickeypafc":oujsmvm1 said:
xmastree":oujsmvm1 said:
]

League is dull dull dull!!

Pass, run, tackle. Pass, run, tackle. Pass, run, tackle. Pass, run, tackle.
Pass, Kick.

Repeat ad nauseam.

Oh joy.

G

Gareth Nicholson

ElDuderino":1p238km5 said:
crickeypafc":1p238km5 said:
xmastree":1p238km5 said:
]

Pass, Kick.

Repeat ad nauseam.

Oh joy.

A great Australian League player once said: "Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by w******".

It's not called 'kick n clap' for nothing.

L

Laughter My Ploy

ElDuderino":36bate4s said:
crickeypafc":36bate4s said:
xmastree":36bate4s said:
]

Pass, Kick.

Repeat ad nauseam.

Oh joy.

Or

League One is bull bull bull!!

Hoof, Mistimed Jump, Bobble, Misplaced Pass, Kick Into Touch, Crap Long Throw, Bobble, Midriff Tackle, Air Shot, Bobble, Lump Up Field, Collect Large Wad of Cash

Repeat ad nauseam

Nov 2, 2004
Gareth Nicholson":2sgbdwt3 said:
ElDuderino":2sgbdwt3 said:
crickeypafc":2sgbdwt3 said:
xmastree":2sgbdwt3 said:
]

Pass, Kick.

Repeat ad nauseam.

Oh joy.

A great Australian League player once said: "Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by w******".

It's not called 'kick n clap' for nothing.

Great Australian ?????????

R

Rob_of_the_Greens

big-green":2qg81gvc said:
cheshiregreen":2qg81gvc said:
One to ask Mr T on the 18th?

Mr T at a senior green meeting stated that rugby league could be play on the new pitch, also they were looking at show jumplng.

He then told everyone to get some nuts, pitied a slow witted person and refused to board an aircraft.