Players being paid | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Players being paid

B

blackbeard

The lack of effort on the pitch has come along the same time as the rumours of the players not being paid?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I'd have not paid them tuppence h'appeny after yesterday. I'd have shoved them down a mine for a days hard work, or made them clean the local hospital. Might have taught them about putting a bleddy shift in.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
blackbeard":3o0hes90 said:
The lack of effort on the pitch has come along the same time as the rumours of the players not being paid?

Surely the players have been regularly paid for the last 3 seasons :shock: :x :x

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
I cannot see that as a reason for playing poorly, i think some of our players need a reality check, hopefully Reid can give them the kick up the backside that they need.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Maybe it'sa motivational tactic, as outlined in The Guardian

You don't need a degree in sabermetrics to understand the strong correlation between wages and performance in professional football - more equals more, generally speaking.

In Bremen, however, they seem to have discovered a different dynamic. Following some poor results, only 50% of September's wages were paid out to the players. Sporting director Klaus Allofs didn't officially confirm employing the legally dubious tactic that is widely used in Serie A but has never been seen in the Bundesliga before. "We have taken measures that helped the team develop," he said cryptically.

Seven points in October, including three against unfortunate Freiburg on Saturday, seem to have vindicated the populist policy but it's questionable how much impact the move has really had on the players. After speaking to the German PFA, they all knew that Bremen could at worst delay the payment of the wages for a few weeks, not dock them altogether.

Dec 7, 2006
I have been told by someone who had dinner with an ex-senior offcial at the weekend that, allegedly, the higher earning players (ie those that can afford it) are only getting the equivalent of 75% wages at the moment but the youngsters and those on lesser salaries are getting theirs in full - as it should be. Make of that what you will. 8)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
blackbeard":9lxw5vbj said:

Not true of the nine men at Oldham last weekend clearly.

N

NorfolkGreen

Heard this earlier is it true, the staff only got paid 75% of their wages?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Are we sure this isn't all related to a payment by results scheme introduced by the Board - about 75% of the wage would be generous based on last 2 results. :)

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Ponty's original post was dated the 17th October therefore not relevant here ...

A

Anonymous

Why? Its on rumours, although I know that staff were not paid on Friday as planned and were hoping they would get it this wed coming.

Have you heard different Barry?