Battle of Saltergate | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Battle of Saltergate

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
Hi all .... trying to find a good video of the infamous Battle of Saltergate in 1997 .......... any good links would be very appreciated .... cheers all

G

Greenskin

Andrew Owen":cay686x0 said:

Been trying to find that for ages,thanks.I was there,best punch up i've ever seen on a football field.That clip didn't show Tony James absolutely pummelling a Chesterfield player in the back of the goal net,no handbags with Tony,he was the real deal.Ronnie was sent off in the first half,so it ended up 9 v 8,which i think was a record at the time.I caught the train up that day and i was very worried that,with so much injury time,i wouldn't get the last one back,but managed to do so with a sprint back to the station.Happy days.

A

Ade

After the events of last night I think the timing of this thread could have been better

Mar 12, 2008
Leeds
Greenskin":2nq26aku said:
Andrew Owen":2nq26aku said:

Been trying to find that for ages,thanks.I was there,best punch up i've ever seen on a football field.That clip didn't show Tony James absolutely pummelling a Chesterfield player in the back of the goal net,no handbags with Tony,he was the real deal.Ronnie was sent off in the first half,so it ended up 9 v 8,which i think was a record at the time.I caught the train up that day and i was very worried that,with so much injury time,i wouldn't get the last one back,but managed to do so with a sprint back to the station.Happy days.

Ah Tony James, he'd be the perfect answer to our inexperienced defence.

G

Greenskin

paulysalz":l4qawtcc said:
Greenskin":l4qawtcc said:
Andrew Owen":l4qawtcc said:

Ah Tony James, he'd be the perfect answer to our inexperienced defence.

Very good player,up there with the best centre backs i've seen at Home park and ,as you say,just the type of player we need at the moment.

Dec 19, 2008
That's one way to defend a corner but jesus, talk about poor timing given what happened last night :(

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
Thanx to all ............ do apologise if upset some following last nights events but didnt mean anything from it ............

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
greenmarc":10zm2p3z said:
Thanx to all ............ do apologise if upset some following last nights events but didnt mean anything from it ............

Don't worry Marc, you have to remember that pasoti is now full of holier-than-thou, 'moral high-grounders' (to use their own words).

T

Tynan's Dad

Lucky for Cheatersfield that Mauge was already off the pitch.