AEG | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

AEG

Dec 2, 2010
FACT

I understand from a very good source that AEG are still actively involved in discussions and that senior representatives have been in Plymouth and are not put off by the WC bid failing.

Philip Anschutz is mega loaded and is a known associate of Joe Plumeri.

CONJECTURE

I wonder whether this interest could extend beyond the ground? After all they are major shareholders of Hammarby IF in Sweden (who play in green and white!) who have a relatively small (15,000), modern stadium. A regional football club in England would seem to sit with their portfolio.

M

MoistVonLipwig

Pilgrim61":qdud7m4n said:
FACT

I understand from a very good source that AEG are still actively involved in discussions and that senior representatives have been in Plymouth and are not put off by the WC bid failing.

CONJECTURE

I wonder whether this interest could extend beyond the ground? After all they are major shareholders of Hammarby IF in Sweden (who play in green and white!) who have a relatively small (15,000), modern stadium. A regional football club in England would seem to sit with their portfolio.

FACT

I know nothing.

CONJECTURE

It may be true.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Pilgrim61":ljlt0g6i said:
FACT

CONJECTURE

Lee Roberts, Commercial Director at AEG, has been in Plymouth several times and was part of the World Cup bid team.

Jun 16, 2006
pontypoolgreen":1juiqila said:
Pilgrim61":1juiqila said:
FACT

CONJECTURE

Let's hope you're right, stadium finished and our money problems over.

Pay the staff first though.
I had wondered if the board could be playing a game of chicken with PCC to get their plans for Central Park through.

Their need for Risdale to be on board would suggest this is highly unlikely and if it was true would leave a nastier taste in the mouth that they involved peoples' livelihoods.

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
Stuart_C":26zp7hql said:
pontypoolgreen":26zp7hql said:
Pilgrim61":26zp7hql said:
FACT

CONJECTURE

Let's hope you're right, stadium finished and our money problems over.

Pay the staff first though.
I had wondered if the board could be playing a game of chicken with PCC to get their plans for Central Park through.

Their need for Ridsdale to be on board would suggest this is highly unlikely and if it was true would leave a nastier taste in the mouth that they involved peoples' livelihoods.

That's an interpretation I've heard voiced, too.

Could they be quite that cynical?

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
The Mayflower originally set off from Southampton, not from Dartmouth, after being met by the Speedwell from Holland. They set into Dartmouth when the Speedwell began taking on water where it was repaired. They set sail and then turned back to Plymouth when the repairs on the Speedwell failed.

Feb 29, 2008
Quinny":fxrhmqnt said:
The Mayflower originally set off from Southampton, not from Dartmouth, after being met by the Speedwell from Holland. They set into Dartmouth when the Speedwell began taking on water where it was repaired. They set sail and then turned back to Plymouth when the repairs on the Speedwell failed.

Are you saying all Yanks are Scummers? :)

Dec 7, 2006
I would suggest Bristol has as much if not more of a connection to the US as Plymouth - slave trade, SS Great Britain et al. 8)

G

Greenskin

Quinny":17c78sjl said:

And then the bleddy dockies messed it up good and proper,too busy organising ye olde Devonport and Stonehouse archery and bowls leagues to concentrate properly.Privatisation was always inevitable after that,i'm afraid.