B.W.P | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

B.W.P

A

argyle dude

weeksy":1uxyeqkb said:
Lies, he's worth more for a start.

he has a bad injury record and his contract is up at the end of the season and argyle have to sell. Sounds about right as an oprning bid. Argyle will counter and they'll meet somewhere in the middle

Jun 26, 2006
Southampton paid £500,000 for him. He's still got to be worth at least that figure & probably more as he is the leading scorer in League 1. Prices tend to be inflated in January. Maybe we could sell him to Wolves for £1.5m :grin:

T

Tynan's Dad

weeksy":36ghy2q0 said:
Lies, he's worth more for a start.

Is he really?

This is the first time in his career that he has hit double figures in a season despite having played 3 seasons with more than 30 appearances for Saints.

Considering many of the players who have a much better record in Leagues One and Two, consistently scoring in the region of 20 goals, have gone for less than £500,000 I think we'd get around £300k for him.

Grant Holt, for example, transferred to Norwich for £400k having proven himself by scoring regularly at both Shrewsbury (20goals in 43 apps) and Rochdale (34 goals in 75 apps).

The fact that he is out of contract in the summer (I believe) and that clubs will make low offers in the hope we shall take what we can get makes me believe we'd be very lucky to get near the £500k mark.

Jul 29, 2010
Greenblooded1":2nvm29ef said:
12 goals in 17 appearances this season, 16 goals in 26 total appearances for Argyle, is worth a fair bit more than £300K for a striker.

With six months of his contract left?.
Having lost a whole season to injury last year?.
Play hardball and if that's really a genuine opening offer we might just get lucky with £350k to £375k. In todays climate though that's still very good business given his situation.
Trouble is Noone would command less still, no-one else is worth a penny to anyone so that still leaves us short.

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
X Isle":vnbjfwqa said:
Greenblooded1":vnbjfwqa said:
12 goals in 17 appearances this season, 16 goals in 26 total appearances for Argyle, is worth a fair bit more than £300K for a striker.

With six months of his contract left?.
Having lost a whole season to injury last year?.
Play hardball and if that's really a genuine opening offer we might just get lucky with £350k to £375k. In todays climate though that's still very good business given his situation.
Trouble is Noone would command less still, no-one else is worth a penny to anyone so that still leaves us short.

Hardball is something we never do even when in the best of financial health

If it gets todd and suroy some of there money back he will go for that
Personally though I doubt it will be Huddersfield
I have a feeling that whilst he will go it will be to another southern club !

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Green Goblin":1oh85f9v said:
BWP will be sold i January unless he signs a new deal.

I think its a long shot but I wouldn't dismiss him still being here after January.

Whilst PA will probably accept any 'reasonable' offer because of the financial situation, ultimately if the player doesn't want to move the deal is dead.

If the wages on offer, not the fee to PA, are not to his liking he may decide to wait until June and be a free agent and get all that lovely signing on fee etc.