Any Truth in the takeover bids? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Any Truth in the takeover bids?

C

charlee

Can anyone tell me if these so called "takeover bids" by Peter Risdale&Citbank and Greg Hands (+ some russian fella), have any truth in them or are they just bog standard "the taxi drivers mums dads boyfriends dog told me..."

I been away for ages working and i come back to just bits of info here and there. Im all for a 100% takeover, but are they creditable?

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Why would they want to takeover now when they can wait until administration and get the club for £1 with a fraction of the 9M debts to pay back?

Ridsdale has said the 'black-hole' is too big for his investors and it is getting bigger by the minute.

These 'investors' are like vultures waiting to pick over the carcass of PAFC although hopefully there are some more well meaning bodies also waiting in the wings.

No-one really knows as any potential bidders have to be kept quiet so the other bidders don't know about them. If it was an auction for something that was in demand the identity and amount of bids are made known in order to bump the price up.

C

Cult Of Personality

Wow you missed it all

We was taken over by Qatar Group who paid off all the debts and the staff and everyone else

They have built us a mega 100,000 stadium because our fan base is so huge that they need it for supply and demand

Messi and Ronaldo and the Rest of the Barcalona team have been lined up for transfers in Jan

Also they bringing back Jamie (has been found out) Mackie because the fans like him

anything else ?

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
crickeypafc":2u9av3wo said:
Wow you missed it all

We was taken over by Qatar Group who paid off all the debts and the staff and everyone else

They have built us a mega 100,000 stadium because our fan base is so huge that they need it for supply and demand

Messi and Ronaldo and the Rest of the Barcalona team have been lined up for transfers in Jan

Also they bringing back Jamie (has been found out) Mackie because the fans like him

anything else ?

Not even on football manager will that happen!!! :lol:

Oct 24, 2010
Chris Dennis":21ilv6uf said:
Why would they want to takeover now when they can wait until administration and get the club for £1 with a fraction of the 9M debts to pay back?

Ridsdale has said the 'black-hole' is too big for his investors and it is getting bigger by the minute.

These 'investors' are like vultures waiting to pick over the carcass of PAFC although hopefully there are some more well meaning bodies also waiting in the wings.

No-one really knows as any potential bidders have to be kept quiet so the other bidders don't know about them. If it was an auction for something that was in demand the identity and amount of bids are made known in order to bump the price up.
I agree administration is most likely but there is a possibility that any future buyer could do a deal with the current directors (to whom I assume most of the debt belongs), paying them 10p in the pound, or something, along the lines that Manderic did at Sheffield Wednesday, that way the current directors would get something, in the event of administration they would likely get nothing. Obviously that scenario is more costly to a new owner than administration but I suppose it depends on what value they would put on 10 points.

Oct 24, 2010
leep33":36lunzql said:
crickeypafc":36lunzql said:
Wow you missed it all

anything else ?

Not even on football manager will that happen!!! :lol:
Messi alone would do

Sep 3, 2009
esmer":25qyjbe6 said:
Chris Dennis":25qyjbe6 said:

I agree administration is most likely but there is a possibility that any future buyer could do a deal with the current directors (to whom I assume most of the debt belongs), paying them 10p in the pound, or something, along the lines that Manderic did at Sheffield Wednesday, that way the current directors would get something, in the event of administration they would likely get nothing. Obviously that scenario is more costly to a new owner than administration but I suppose it depends on what value they would put on 10 points.

With the further logical irony that the more games Argyle win before the deadline, the less important - potentially - the 10 point deduction becomes, lessening the likelihood that a potential buyer would purchase prior to administration

B

bandwagon

I would take anything that is emitted from the 'silent 7' with a heavy dose of salt - the most untrustworthy fu*kers ever associated with our club!! :( :( :( :( :(

L

Lee Jameson

charlee":3b7gy56c said:
Can anyone tell me if these so called "takeover bids" by Peter Ridsdale&Citbank and Greg Hands (+ some russian fella), have any truth in them or are they just bog standard "the taxi drivers mums dads boyfriends dog told me..."

I been away for ages working and i come back to just bits of info here and there. Im all for a 100% takeover, but are they creditable?

Well I had a chat with Greg over a glass of Red Wine last Wednesday and he was asking me questions about the situation at Home Park.

He did not seem like a guy who was ready to take over Argyle!

Just spoken with Greg no truth in the rumour at all!

Aug 20, 2009
charlee":1672tv8x said:
Can anyone tell me if these so called "takeover bids" by Peter Ridsdale&Citbank and Greg Hands (+ some russian fella), have any truth in them or are they just bog standard "the taxi drivers mums dads boyfriends dog told me..."

It's the sort of clap-trap that is regularly trotted out in the high court to stave off winding up orders.
Realistically, anyone with an ounce of common sense will sit on their hands until we go into administration & then pick the club up for a song.

P

pete707

wozzer.":2wmc8ffv said:
I don't understand why a Liverpool fan is interested in Argyle's takeover plans.

If this lad goes to Argyle games then he can have a second team, i know people who support Argyle but never they go!!

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
pete707":1bxn1ptu said:
wozzer.":1bxn1ptu said:
I don't understand why a Liverpool fan is interested in Argyle's takeover plans.

If this lad goes to Argyle games then he can have a second team, i know people who support Argyle but never they go!!

Not really fans then are they ............. just followers like the majority of Liverpool/Man u/chelski fans living in plymouth

PLASTICS... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
bandwagon":266qxqjy said:
I would take anything that is emitted from the 'silent 7' with a heavy dose of salt - the most untrustworthy fu*kers ever associated with our club!! :( :( :( :( :(
Andy quite agree...most evident there is not a peep on the official site....

C

charlee

im an argyle fan, and liverpool are my second team... oh sorry is tht not alowed. grrr!