Shock Rumour | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Shock Rumour

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know does Stapletons firm look after Argyles finances?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
"Other operating charges"?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Deep Throat":1ept1arn said:
Yes they do.

They also charge £80,000 a year for doing so.

Not bad work if you can get it.

Well we need to identify ways of saving outgoings so we could start there. Sure we could source a better deal elsewhere.

I wouldnt wish it on anyone but Stapleton runs a very serious risk of being investigated by the ICAEW if there is any suggestion of inaccuracy in the presentation of the accounts. I havent got old copies of accounts but have seen them and I never recall thinking that the club looked to be in a insolvent state.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Careful here guys, the accountants haven't got us into this mess. They just present the information they are provided with. The managers/directors have got us into this mess.

As for Stapleton, he's not a wealthy man but has been putting a lot of his own cash into PAFC. Personally I think we should be directing our anger elsewhere. He's done well for this club over the years.

M

Mike Hughes

monkeywrench":wb6b7uic said:
Careful here guys, the accountants haven't got us into this mess. They just present the information they are provided with. The managers/directors have got us into this mess.

As for Stapleton, he's not a wealthy man but has been putting a lot of his own cash into PAFC. Personally I think we should be directing our anger elsewhere. He's done well for this club over the years.

Except for having a £0.5 million holiday (second) home in Slapton.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Adam_R":eob59ywy said:
i think in the grand scheme of football, a 500k second home does not put you in the "wealthy" category!

Quite. And who knows how that was funded or what mortgages are charged on it. I know for a fact that PS is distraught at the current situation.

Sep 20, 2003
monkeywrench":3phi5jox said:
Adam_R":3phi5jox said:
i think in the grand scheme of football, a 500k second home does not put you in the "wealthy" category!

Quite. And who knows how that was funded or what mortgages are charged on it. I know for a fact that PS is distraught at the current situation.

So am I but I can't do a lot about it.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
wozzer.":1gbipq0v said:
monkeywrench":1gbipq0v said:
Adam_R":1gbipq0v said:

Wozzer, I respect your posts on here, but what power does PS have at the club? I fear he has very little say.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

monkeywrench":2tca0itv said:
wozzer.":2tca0itv said:
monkeywrench":2tca0itv said:
Adam_R":2tca0itv said:

Wozzer, I respect your posts on here, but what power does PS have at the club? I fear he has very little say.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

PS ran the club until 18 months ago. He had lots of "say" then. He has led the horse to water.

B

bandwagon

monkeywrench":3dd34y4p said:

You've been mugged mate - this guy is as guilty as the rest!!