Bolasie off to Barnsley? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bolasie off to Barnsley?

S

Steve Bond

£80k, we are being taken for a ride.

Bolasie is worth more than that, he has potential and is under contract beyond the end of the season. Admittedly, his end product is woeful, but he has the ingredients to be a good player and won't be on big wages so why sell?
Unless Reid doesn't rate him?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We're gonna be on a long bumpy ride for all of Januray!!

My only hopes are that we come through this ordeal and hopefully with some integrity still intact.

P

Pasties_and_Cider

Greenbondy":3emr1v54 said:

Bolasie is worth more than that, he has potential and is under contract beyond the end of the season. Admittedly, his end product is woeful, but he has the ingredients to be a good player and won't be on big wages so why sell?

80k - we're taking the pee.

L

Lee Roberts

Round it up to 100k and we have ourselves a deal.
Where do I sign?
I've got the engine running and Barnsley in the Sat Nav.

May 16, 2005
Elburton
Pasties_and_Cider":d31jpnnm said:
Greenbondy":d31jpnnm said:

80k - we're taking the pee.

:iagree:

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
Interesting that it was away versus Barnsley where he had his best performance to date in an Argyle shirt.

We are not in administration so do not HAVE to sell. I would not let him go for that price. 80k does not clear enough of our debt to justify losing a player who I am assuming is a relatively low earner, has some first team experience and is a real candidate to fill in for Noone should we sell him in January.

If we sell our players for that kind of money, then we're still going bust. All it will mean is that Argyle play their last game fielding a youth team and getting thrashed, rather than finishing with enough players to stand a chance of a victory in our final stand.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Bolasie has been disappointing this season, however when we sell Noone he will be the only natural winger we have left. I'm not sure that 80k is worth the effort of selling him for to be honest. We should concentrate on getting rid of the higher earners.

C

Cult Of Personality

Sell the headless chicken he has been awful

had one good 45 mins for argyle and everyone thought he was the new messi

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Sell Bolasie? Well it all depends on what else happens really. If we sell a few players like Bolasie, Duguid, Fallon and manage to hang on to Noone and BWP then maybe that's a good thing. It's impossible to judge any individual component of the Argyle survival package without knowing the rest of the package.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
The Doctor":lsqcwvsr said:
Sell Bolasie? Well it all depends on what else happens really. If we sell a few players like Bolasie, Duguid, Fallon and manage to hang on to Noone and BWP then maybe that's a good thing. It's impossible to judge any individual component of the Argyle survival package without knowing the rest of the package.

I agree.

Bolasie, Duguid, Fallon, R Johnson and Bhasera should be enough to clear our immediate debt. None would be seen by most as irreplaceable.

In addition, try to remove Maclean (+nominal fee) and Seip from the wage bill and that would be a good start. Plus questionmarks over Timar's future.

Central defence will continue to be a problem with Bondz filling the void but needs must and this could see us holding on to our prize posessions in the short term - and at the very least get them on renewed contracts in the event of more necessary business in the Summer when we could get a better deal.

That's my short-term business plan anyway .....

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Frank_Butcher":1wnhe964 said:
The Doctor":1wnhe964 said:

I agree.

Bolasie, Duguid, Fallon, R Johnson and Bhasera should be enough to clear our immediate debt. None would be seen by most as irreplaceable.

In addition, try to remove Maclean (+nominal fee) and Seip from the wage bill and that would be a good start. Plus questionmarks over Timar's future.

Central defence will continue to be a problem with Bondz filling the void but needs must and this could see us holding on to our prize posessions in the short term - and at the very least get them on renewed contracts in the event of more necessary business in the Summer when we could get a better deal.

How do you propose that we afford the signing on fees? Not to mention that their good form also puts the players in a very healthy position to ask for a raise(Noone and BWP). I don't think HMRC will be very happy if we are doling out new contracts while defaulting on our taxes. As much as I would love to keep BWP we simply cannot afford him. :(

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Tavypilgrim":21uv55p6 said:
Frank_Butcher":21uv55p6 said:
I agree.

How do you propose that we afford the signing on fees? Not to mention that their good form also puts the players in a very healthy position to ask for a raise(Noone and BWP). I don't think HMRC will be very happy if we are doling out new contracts while defaulting on our taxes. As much as I would love to keep BWP we simply cannot afford him. :(

Once January is out of the way we have 5-6 months until contracts are up - they do not have to be awarded in January, February or March .... If the stories of his current salary are true, BWP would I suspect be happy with a renewal at the same rate, it would be unlikely that any Championship side would offer more for a striker who has yet to prove it at that level - though of course the sweetener is the standard of football. Noone could certainly expect a raise - that's not unreasonable given his age, and it could be afforded with a much reduced wage bill by offloading those listed above and possibly other remaining contracts expiring.

As for HMRC, I said the immediate debt would be settled by the sale of those I named - so unless we default again they have absolutely no say in the matter.

Any business plan has to be balanced. You can't just go out and sell all your assets to dig yourself out of a hole, because the hole will just re-materialise. Compare it to a technology company that puts it's best products up for acquisition and then tries to trade off the stuff that no-one buys. Do you think that will work ?

Capital writes off lump sums of debt but incoming revenue counts as much, if not more, than outgoing in our situation - removing our biggest assets will likely see income reduced significantly.

(The proviso is of course that BWP and Noone do not themselves request a move)