maclean to leave next week | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

maclean to leave next week

Jan 25, 2010
a close friend of steve's who i know in plymouth, has said that maclean is ready to leave argyle for oxford with the clubs about to agree to a £100,000 transfer.

steve currently on £7,000 doesnt want to play for argyle again and will even drop his wage to around 2,000 to 2,500 for oxford next week.

im only going on what he says but this could be the best deal argyle and maclean could do for him and his family and future.

Jul 21, 2004
Wonderful news if true just a pity it's taken so long and cost us about One and a half million quid.

His final stats after being at the club for 3 years read 44 appearances (14 as sub) scoring only 5 goals.

One of the worst signings in Argyle history.

Oct 21, 2005
plymouth
His signing proved to be one of the worst peices of business in Argyle history, I wont shed a tear when he leaves but wish him luck wherever he goes next.

G

Green Goblin

It seems that Steve cares about his career. Less money now but in the long run, it will still be worthwhile for him.

In the best of intentions, I wish him good luck. I just hope that this is true.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Come on guys, I can't see in any way shape or form Oxford being able to pay £100K for Maclean and his wages on top. I can only see him going there on loan.

Surely he's available on a free anyway.

I would love to be proved wrong though.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
So he's now concerned about his career? Absolute tosh (for want of a stronger word).

He's had opportunities to move his career on before but preferred to do nothing down here for £5k a week extra. IMO he's an intelligent bloke -and, by the way, an intelligent player - who has decided that if he doesn't accept a paycut this January he might end up even worse off once the season's over.

By all accounts on here he is a decent enough bloke off the pitch but my impression is, that he is arrogant enough as a player to think, he knows better than the manager. Sturrock, Mariner and Reid have all picked him but jettisoned him again as a result of him not producing the goods on the pitch.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Isn't he out of contract on the summer? If so, then the idea that we might get any kind of transfer fee for him seems a bit far fetched to me.

Oct 24, 2010
mark199":3l1asyf9 said:
Wonderful news if true just a pity it's taken so long and cost us about One and a half million quid.

His final stats after being at the club for 3 years read 44 appearances (14 as sub) scoring only 5 goals.

One of the worst signings in Argyle history.
Those stats are prove that his talents were never properly used here, for me he is a very good footballer whose qualities were not in sync with the style of football played during his time here. I've never understood fans who criticize him and then claim to hate hoofball.

Mar 11, 2008
Bsingstoke
Green Goblin":1hmoxvhh said:
It seems that Steve cares about his career. Less money now but in the long run, it will still be worthwhile for him.

In the best of intentions, I wish him good luck. I just hope that this is true.

He certainly spent a long time on good money before deciding to "care" about his career. He cares about himself, no more, no less.

A

Anonymous

wozzer.":34251nkr said:
green grandad":34251nkr said:
Good news all round.A quality player who never wanted to lpay for argyle.

That is absolute bolloxs.

I wouldn't say it was that good.

What a complete and utter waste of money.