Paul Wotton: Free Transfer? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Paul Wotton: Free Transfer?

C

charlee

Was in Southampton and mate said (Southampton Supporter), said Paul Wotton ia coming back to Plymouth on free transfer! I was liek huh we need to off load players, we couldnt afford to bring in more unless he worked for peanuts, i suggested Loan deal! But no adment that he heard it at the ground when he brought tickets huh!

Would be awesome awseome addition , love the guy gerat true Green, But I doubt this is possible. Just thought id throw it in here, let people be aware etc. It prob load of rubbish but wouldnt hurt to place here i guess :D

Dec 7, 2006
charlee":39ahzugr said:
Was in Southampton and mate said (Southampton Supporter), said Paul Wotton ia coming back to Plymouth on free transfer! I was liek huh we need to off load players, we couldnt afford to bring in more unless he worked for peanuts, i suggested Loan deal! But no adment that he heard it at the ground when he brought tickets huh!

Would be awesome awseome addition , love the guy gerat true Green, But I doubt this is possible. Just thought id throw it in here, let people be aware etc. It prob load of rubbish but wouldnt hurt to place here i guess :D

I completely disagree - past it and wouldn't offer us anything over what we already have (apart from a bit of guile). Sorry, but I suspect your heart is ruling your head on this one. :cool:

C

charlee

FordGreen":jf3095gt said:
charlee":jf3095gt said:

I completely disagree - past it and wouldn't offer us anything over what we already have (apart from a bit of guile). Sorry, but I suspect your heart is ruling your head on this one. :cool:

Probably right! But he would have that desire and passion for the club that we currently lack in alot of the players! That would account for sumthin im sure

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
matteh.":1l81ujqp said:
He showed in the Yeovil match why we were right to get rid of him for his footballing ability. He can still shoot but is still not a good passer and looks unfitter since he was here.

Great servant but let's keep it at that, I don't want him to come back and earn a bad reputation for playing badly.

There is a lot of truth in that view. Return Argyleites have not exactly been a roaring success viz. Luggy and Paul Mariner and Malcolm Allison. I think PW should rest on his promotion laurels in the past.

Sep 20, 2003
charlee":398hidpk said:
FordGreen":398hidpk said:
charlee":398hidpk said:

Probably right! But he would have that desire and passion for the club that we currently lack in alot of the players! That would account for sumthin im sure

Not really or all of us on here would get a game.

G

Greenskin

matteh.":337hhl9u said:
He showed in the Yeovil match why we were right to get rid of him for his footballing ability. He can still shoot but is still not a good passer and looks unfitter since he was here.

Great servant but let's keep it at that, I don't want him to come back and earn a bad reputation for playing badly.

Yeovil have won three and drawn one of the four games that Wotton has played for them,without conceding a goal and having previously leaked goals like a sieve.This may indicate that Wotton would offer quite a lot to Argyle as a stabilising defensive influence in midfield.It would depend on the balance in midfield ,i guess-i wouldn't really like to see him alongide Fletch,but if Clifford came back,that could be interesting.Probably won't happen anyway.

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Trigger's second stint = :D

Wotton's second stint = :(

Don't do it Paul.

M

MylesPAFC

Player/coaching role maybe, just playing though no thanks. He is without a doubt a legend at the club, but we can't afford to pay him just to play.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Why would Wotton give up 6 months of a lucrative contract?

Far better for him to either sit it out at Southampton until June or go out on-loan while still earning good money.
Once the summer comes he can pick up a signing-on fee as a free agent.

Jul 29, 2010
PL2 3DQ":wnijea8h said:
Why would Wotton give up 6 months of a lucrative contract?

Far better for him to either sit it out at Southampton until June or go out on-loan while still earning good money.
Once the summer comes he can pick up a signing-on fee as a free agent.

Or just sign on?.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Why this assumption that he'll be any good as a coach. His reputation for encouraging younger players wasn't exactly spotless when he was a player here.

S

Sporting Lipson

Bad move for the player and the club, looked no more than tidy for 35 in the Yeovil game and that probably being really up for his return. Mason rang rings after that, not that popular as a man at the club either, so I'm told

M

Mr Explode

i for one would love wotton back, i think he is a good footballer and a great influence on and off the pitch. PLEASE COME BACK WOTTSY!!!!!