First away game... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

First away game...

Mar 7, 2009
Yesterday was my first... One of the best days of my life! The atmosphere in the away end was buzzing (and people are saying it wasn't even that good compared to normal), great laugh on the journeys and generally a fantastic day. God knows what it'll be like when I see a win!

What was your first away game? Score? Any good memories? :)

Jul 17, 2008
Calstock
Cardiff at Ninian Park. We lost 4 - 1. Great day out by football special train. We had beaten them at home earlier in the season at home 7 - 1. It's a funny old game isn't it?

A

Anonymous

Cardiff City first game of the season Agust 19th 1967 (thanks as always to GoS).

Brilliant day a 1-1 draw, and Norman Piper missed a sitter after about 2 minutes which would have given us the fastest goal of the season.

Walked out of the ground and before we got to our bus, picked up the Pink Echo which had the match report in it.

Pre hooligan days (just) and a great feeling by all fans that the new season had started.

Main memories, the away end at Ninian Park was very steep, the Olympic size swimming pool which is no more, and a waitress dropping a tray of drink in Woolies which caused a great cheer from Argyle and Cardiff fans alike.

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
My first away game was 7th April 2007 (Thanks GoS)
Away to Leeds, we lost 2-1

I have done about 4-5 away games a season since then, as the cost of it, that is all I can afford to do.
This season I have only done 3 so far (Rochdale, Notts Co., Tranmere) But should be going Sheffield Weds and Exeter away yet.
If I could afford to, I would go away all the time, nothing compares to an away day! But unfortunately the cost of one away game is half the price of my season ticket, so it's hard to justify the costs.

Sean, how did u travel up on Saturday? By Official coach.. unofficial coach or train? I find the travel to the away game is a massive part of the day, and can make all the difference.

Mar 7, 2009
Was Official Coach Zee.. Cost £30, which isn't too bad cos petrol to London costs that alone.

I know the big fella runs a coach to most away games, and there are normally spaces I think. I'll ask him.

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
pilgrim_pete":22pq2zne said:
I know the big fella runs a coach to most away games, and there are normally spaces I think. I'll ask him.

It is definately worth giving him a ring mate! Even if he hasn't hired a coach he sometimes runs a minibus. And definately the best way to travel.
I find the official one to be a bit dull, the big guys are always an experience never to be forgotten..