Quick Update | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Quick Update

Jul 6, 2009
Well well well.... quick update.... Huddersfield are paying all of Damien Johnson's wages, but via Argyle. Huddersfield pay Argyle, they pay Damien. And guess what.... he has not been paid for 3 months. I promised not to say he is on £[deleted] a week. Joe doesn't want to leave Plymouth, Swindon offered £300,000. The club accepted the offer but the boy said no. And BWP went for £175,000. The Japanese money is not nailed on by any means, but a deal is in place to make sure we get through next week. And the 3 loan signings lined up are better than BWP/Noone/Johnson if we get them.

Dec 9, 2009
PLYMOUTH
good news with johnsons wages coz I know what they are and his 1500 a week pay rise for being relegated :eek: :eek: . No wonder we had to ditch him so quickly.

Jun 2, 2010
Plymouth or Pacific
I find the Damien Johnson story hard to believe. All he has to do is tell Huddersfield what is supposed to have happened and they would pay him direct. If on the remote chance that he has in fact accepted this situation, he must be as thick as two planks.

A two bob lawyer would sort this out in five minutes. He is effectively being employed by Huddersfield and they are responsible for ensuring he is paid.

It could even be argued that Argyle are guilty of theft if they have failed to pass on money from a third party intended for payment to Johnson.

The story doesn't stack up.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The club loaning the player has to pay the players wage to the parent club, as per the rule book.

What happens there after is down to the club, but i'm guessing the money goes into there accounts and unable to come out again, a little like when your over your over draft of your over draft such as Argyle are.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
I do not believe he hasn't been paid for three months, he is probably in the same boat as the other players which probably means he has been paid late!!

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
leep33":3g4bmrtk said:
I do not believe he hasn't been paid for three months, he is probably in the same boat as the other players which probably means he has been paid late!!

would be a free agent by the rule book if not paid for 3 consecutive months

A

argyle_till_i_die

thanks Skynet....

when i read that about BWP's fee my heart just sank. What the f--k, why us.

Lambert went to Soton for 1m...ffs, BWP must be worth at least 25% of that....

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
I don't think that Damien would be in any different position than a agency employee. The Agency employs you and places where they want.

The agency's client pays Argyle and they pay the employee - in theory!

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
argyle_till_i_die":2fxxxrel said:
thanks Skynet....

FFS BWP would be worth NOTHING tomorrow and we would still have to pay his approx 7k aweek wages until the end of june if he stayed till then ...By selling bwp/noone/johnson etc the club is just buying time thats all and without this there will be no club ............... thats why he went so cheap 1... to get a little money for him rather then nothing and 2 .. to save us 30k a month on wages

A

argyle_till_i_die

greenmarc":2xyph7go said:
argyle_till_i_die":2xyph7go said:
thanks Skynet....

FFS BWP would be worth NOTHING tomorrow and we would still have to pay his approx 7k aweek wages until the end of june if he stayed till then ...By selling bwp/noone/johnson etc the club is just buying time thats all and without this there will be no club ............... thats why he went so cheap 1... to get a little money for him rather then nothing and 2 .. to save us 30k a month on wages

oh really, i never realised that...!!

i think you got the wrong end of the stick re: my original post.