And you wonder why we are in this mess | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

And you wonder why we are in this mess

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
Someone in there wisdom at Argyle wanted to get there boy hood hero on to the Argyle coaching staff that he gave him a 3 year contract and a nice wage to go with it ....

Mr Paul Mariner arrived and belive this or not but his wage was more then Sturrocks,Summerfields and Crudgies put together and to cap it all off Carver comes and is on nearly the same sort of wage ................. So when Sheff utd came calling for Carver and Mariner asked to leave you can understand why argyle wouldnt stand in there ways

Thank Mr Todd your dream came true but to what expense for Argyle

Aug 20, 2009
Todd always professed to be a life long Green but I've never seen any evidence of it & his two " favourite" matches, Wembley & QPR '04 didn't take much imagination. Play off semi v Colchester was far better than Wembley :)

I doubt the prat had ever seen Argyle play in his life :twisted:

Mar 21, 2008
I think the more time goes by, the more we'll find out about some of the dreadful decisions he has made bringing this club to the way it is now.

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Justin":3klyp4fg said:
greenmarc":3klyp4fg said:
Mr Paul Mariner arrived and belive this or not but his wage was more then Sturrocks,Summerfields and Crudgies put together

Not true.

Enlighten us please!

Mar 16, 2009
London
Half-Time-Pasty":dz13vitq said:
Justin":dz13vitq said:
greenmarc":dz13vitq said:
Mr Paul Mariner arrived and belive this or not but his wage was more then Sturrocks,Summerfields and Crudgies put together

Not true.

Enlighten us please!

Well, a (very) reliable source informed me of Mariner's, Carver's and Reidy's salaries a few months back.

And yes, whilst surprisingly high given recent finances, there's no way Mariner was on more than Luggy.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
Justin":3a7jkl1k said:
Half-Time-Pasty":3a7jkl1k said:
Justin":3a7jkl1k said:
greenmarc":3a7jkl1k said:

Not true.

Enlighten us please!

Well, a (very) reliable source informed me of Mariner's, Carver's and Reidy's salaries a few months back.

And yes, whilst surprisingly high given recent finances, there's no way Mariner was on more than Luggy.

So you know what Mariner , carver and reid is/ were on do you .................... im sure that they are pleased about that .

Your reliable source is obviously more reliable then my reliable source then ............... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How do you know your source is correct and how do i know my source is correct ?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
I recall Mariner's prospective salary being quoted in the media when he moved over from the US - one of the Stateside websites I think. If memory serves me right it wasn't extortionate - that of course assuming the information was legit.

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
crownhillpilgrim":ti0t6dxn said:
Don't we have a history of over-paying coaching staff - from Shilts right through to Peter Reid?

From what I can remember Shilton was on about 250k a year which doesn't seem a lot now but 15 years ago that was a fair whack for a 3rd tier player/manager (albeit he joined before we went down).

Sep 2, 2008
greenmarc":33aafxvv said:
Someone in there wisdom at Argyle wanted to get there boy hood hero on to the Argyle coaching staff that he gave him a 3 year contract and a nice wage to go with it ....

Mr Paul Mariner arrived and belive this or not but his wage was more then Sturrocks,Summerfields and Crudgies put together and to cap it all off Carver comes and is on nearly the same sort of wage ................. So when Sheff utd came calling for Carver and Mariner asked to leave you can understand why argyle wouldnt stand in there ways

Thank Mr Todd your dream came true but to what expense for Argyle

Why would Mariner as Sturrock's assistant be on a higher salary than Sturrock himself? Is this a consequence of Mariner originally being brought in for the World Cup bid (spit)?

Mar 7, 2009
penzancepirate":1b02zuf1 said:
Peter_dout":1b02zuf1 said:
I'd love to know the full story of Mariners time at the club with Stapleton consistently briefing against his old friend although we were told that PM and PS hit it off instantly!

I thought Mariner was most unfortunate to get caught up in all this. I attatch no blame to him whatsoever and found it rather disconcerting to hear Luggy bad mouthing Mariner's management decisions live on a match commentary while I was sat behind the dugout watching Mariner giving it his best shot. Very naughty Luggy.

How about the 100k upfront and 6.5k a week for Kenny Cooper?
8.5k a week for Damien Johnson?