Best crosser of the ball? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Best crosser of the ball?

Keith Hennessey

๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Remember (sort of) back in the 60's (I think) we had a little winger called Dave Corbett.Well, the game I saw,he was taking all the corners and he landed at least 2 of them on the crossbar,as a young lad I was most impressed :oops:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
khennes_904":191m2t61 said:
Remember (sort of) back in the 60's (I think) we had a little winger called Dave Corbett.Well, the game I saw,he was taking all the corners and he landed at least 2 of them on the crossbar,as a young lad I was most impressed :oops:

Don Hutchins?

Nicky Jennings?

Jun 1, 2007
Whitleigh
Don Hutchings did not cross very often, was more inclined to cut in and go for goal, often successfully. Barrie Jones is more worthy of consideration as a crosser, (is there such a word)?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Peter Sanders":37v38rxo said:
Don Hutchings did not cross very often, was more inclined to cut in and go for goal, often successfully. Barrie Jones is more worthy of consideration as a crosser, (is there such a word)?

quality not quantity! question was 'best crosser' not 'most frequent'! :)

Jun 1, 2007
Whitleigh
pogleswoody":1annsurg said:
Peter Sanders":1annsurg said:

quality not quantity! question was 'best crosser' not 'most frequent'! :)

Well Barrie Jones was certainly Quality.

Keith Hennessey

Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Sorry,being lazy here but was Barrie Jones a club record signing at the time at 45,000 quid (if memory serves me.)Exciting winger and I was there for his home debut. :mrgreen:

Jun 1, 2007
Whitleigh
So was I, V Ipswich if memory serves. It was not only an Argyle record, but a British record for a winger. The other under consideration was Francis Lee who according to his book wanted to come here at the time.

Keith Hennessey

Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Nothing's changed in 50 years then, Bleddy Argyle , should have got 'em both.... :lol:

Jul 17, 2008
Calstock
khennes_904":oyyp5757 said:

Yep, known as Sooty of course.