Take ya pick | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Take ya pick

• Thread starter Half-Time-Pasty
  • Start date
Mar 25, 2007
Simon Jordan, quite liked him. Articulate and funny. I used to like reading his
comments in his weekly column. A character for sure.

May 22, 2006
Sam Hammam:

Hammam had arranged for ownership of the club's Plough Lane home ground to be held by a private company, of which Hammam himself was a director. After Wimbledon were forced to move out of their ground and groundshare at Selhurst Park with local rivals Crystal Palace in 1992, Hammam opened discussions with the Council to lift a covenant on the site, requiring it to be retained for sporting use. Once this was removed, Hammam went on to sell the site to supermarket giants, Safeway, for a substantial profit, leaving the club without a home ground.

Hammam was subsequently unsuccessful with his initial proposals for the club to relocate to, among other places, Dublin, Cardiff and Milton Keynes and eventually sold his stake in the homeless club to two Norwegian businessmen for a substantial fortune, reported at around £30 million. However it was his sale of the club's home ground which gave subsequent owners, Charles Koppel and Pete Winkleman, the opportunity to buy a football club for franchising to Milton Keynes.

Simon Jordan:

Jordan caused a storm in July 2008 by announcing his plans to sell the club and move away from football altogether, stating he had "been disillusioned with football for a long time". On 26 January 2010 Crystal Palace went into administration and Jordan's ownership came to an end.

So....nutter or disillusioned failure?

B

blackbeard

The new investor will be Dan Macauley, he has been waiting in the wings for a long time, ready to come back and save PAFC:

Aug 22, 2006
FFS :twisted:
I don't believe what i'm hearing!
My local team was Wimbledon - if you ask my cousins, the guys sitting behind me at Selhurst Park back in the late 90's (the ironic link to Jordan and the fact my first club I watched live footie at was selhurst park - Palace v Liverpool) and anyone around me - they did not like Hammam one bit! This is like blo*dy de ja vu!!! In fact Wimbledon's move to MK Dons was NOT NECESSARY! I cannot believe what i'm hearing Sam bloody Hammam! These guys sitting behind me and one of my cousins ended up forming a club called AFC Wimbledon!

I cannot believe this - Plymouth Argyle, Wimbledon, Leeds United, Crystal Palace, Kingstonian - These are the clubs i'm loosely linked with - the first three have links with Ridsdale, and Hammam and all of them have had massive financial problems (not all justified and I remember Wimbledon making a hell of a lot of money on players.) Do you know what i'm now wishing I never ever supported any footie team and just supported Liverpool or what any other ordinary fan supports. My decision making always was terrible even as a 4 year old. :twisted: What a big jinx!

C

charlee

MAZZA26":25no3w68 said:
My local team was Wimbledon - if you ask my cousins, the guys sitting behind me at Selhurst Park back in the late 90's (the ironic link to Jordan and the fact my first club I watched live footie at was selhurst park - Palace v Liverpool) and anyone around me - they did not like Hammam one bit! This is like blo*dy de ja vu!!! In fact Wimbledon's move to MK Dons was NOT NECESSARY! I cannot believe what i'm hearing Sam bloody Hammam! These guys sitting behind me and one of my cousins ended up forming a club called AFC Wimbledon!

I cannot believe this - Plymouth Argyle, Wimbledon, Leeds United, Crystal Palace, Kingstonian - These are the clubs i'm loosely linked with - the first three have links with Ridsdale, and Hammam and all of them have had massive financial problems (not all justified and I remember Wimbledon making a hell of a lot of money on players.) Do you know what i'm now wishing I never ever supported any footie team and just supported Liverpool or what any other ordinary fan supports. My decision making always was terrible even as a 4 year old. :twisted: What a big jinx!

whats going on? we are the new wimbeldon? huh. we being moved to truro? surely not

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
Surely anyone coming in to save us is better than no one, whether its Hamann or Macauley in the short term it means we will still have a club!!

Feb 29, 2008
MAZZA26":3p44rrc2 said:

Are you sure you are not the jinxed one, out of my club now! :)

G

Greenskin

I thought that Ridsdale and Hamman had a major falling out at Cardiff.And the big worry about Jordan must surely be how could he possibly maintain his tan in the rather wet Westcountry climate? This is an issue which must be addressed before he would seriously consider coming here.

L

lostinleeds

The story I always remember about Simon Jordan is the apparent conversation (according to Jordan himself!) that happened when he sacked Trevor Francis at Palace. It went something like this.

SJ: You're fired

TF: (quietly) But it's my birthday

SJ: I'm sorry I didn't realise. Happy Birthday. Now f**k off.

He (Jordan) always struck me as an arrogant winker

A

argyle_till_i_die

Jordan is a bit of a mam but he's not that bad. I think the Duran Duran styling works against him. I suppose like Robbie savage, in a way.

:lol: