Swiss Investment Group? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Swiss Investment Group?

Mar 7, 2009
1058-canvas-210x90.jpg

???

Was a rumour on 606 about a Swiss takeover at Saints (which was rubbished when they found out the banker was an official partner of Pomepy), but Baloise (anagram of Yala!) are a big company with massive turnover.

Rolf Schäuble rumoured to be involved after I got a text from a mystery person! :?

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
They are an insurance company who seem to be made up of many different insurance and pension companies. Made a profit of 421million CHF during 2009. Which is about £272million. 'The companies of the Group Baloise support various sporting events and sports teams and are very active in the cultural tradition of life'.

So I would suggest that if there was any interest it would be from one company within this group(Similarly to K&K Shonan is part of the Maruka Corporation). Meaning the figure of £272million a year is probably not worth even looking at.

Their 'investments in associates' shows money going to two companies, one called 'Roland' based in Germany which is a legal services company and another holding company based in Dussledorf. During 2009 they spent no money on the acquisition of new companies and only about £1m in 2008. They have a list of subsidiaries as long as my arm based in many different countries (although only one close by, Baloise Finance(jersey) based in St. Helier).

They don't seem to have anything sports related in their portfolio and I would find it slightly odd if an insurance company were looking to branch out into football club ownership. Maybe we are getting a new mortgage from them or something?

A

argyle_till_i_die

cash is one of the two most important things to an insurance company, i cant see one spunking it on a business model where the wage roll averages 62% of turnover, (higher in argyle's case)

A

Anonymous

Pension funds investing in football clubs :? I hope none of my pension is with them.

G

Greenskin

GreenGuy":3933dfad said:
League 1 clubs are all the rage in Switzerland...

Wasn't the guy who bought Southampton Swiss? I think the poor chap passed away awhile back,he was called Marcus Liebner or something like that.

A

argyle_till_i_die

Greenskin":1mywxs7l said:
GreenGuy":1mywxs7l said:
League 1 clubs are all the rage in Switzerland...

Wasn't the guy who bought Southampton Swiss? I think the poor chap passed away awhile back,he was called Marcus Liebner or something like that.

Liebherr, think they make heavy plant equipment, dumpers, excavators etc

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Swiss investment group?

Anyone else got the image and the words "Investing in a football club is very much like making love to a beautiful woman..........."

T

Tim Chown

Topboy":1ash4hsw said:
Swiss investment group?

Anyone else got the image and the words "Investing in a football club is very much like making love to a beautiful woman..........."

:lol:

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Perhaps this is a long term waiting game after their MD slipped over the border whilst Argyle were playing their pre-season game against Real Madrid in Austria a few years ago and fell in love with all things GREEN :) :)

COYG

A

Ade

The Langston Corporation are Swiss and have previous form with Cardiff City for loans

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ade":2p7uoz1f said:
The Langston Corporation are Swiss and have previous form with Cardiff City for loans

I mentioned this a few weeks ago but I've since found out it's not them.

T

Tim Chown

Was thing the same... I have a vision of a big, triangular stand to replace the mayflower, like a huge toblerone bar!

if the match gets boring you just nibble on the grandstand.