Up to date 'news' | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Up to date 'news'

A

Anonymous

This is not rumour, but from a very good source.

HMRC are still looking at PAFC, they are looking intoi everything to do with our club and are 'lifting up floorboards and looking into very dark corners'.

The new tax bill on February 22nd is 'considerably in excess of £300k, possibly nearer the £500k mark'. 'The club have no way of paying that' I was told.

There is rumour that Wraithall and Donnerly will be leaving tomorrow, but that is unsubtstantiated and cannot be lumped in with the above.

If it is true, I reckon admin, and then a Ridsdale/Stapleton alliance. :(

Mar 7, 2009
IJN":3j8nlm7r said:

HMRC are still looking at PAFC, they are looking intoi everything to do with our club and are 'lifting up floorboards and looking into very dark corners'.

The new tax bill on February 22nd is 'considerably in excess of £300k, possibly nearer the £500k mark'. 'The club have no way of paying that' I was told.

There is rumour that Wraithall and Donnerly will be leaving tomorrow, but that is unsubtstantiated and cannot be lumped in with the above.

After what I've been told, that is not good news at all.

I would also rather have Wrathall stay than Stapleton.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":1l1y904t said:

This could be the light at the end of the tunnel :grin:

IJN":1l1y904t said:

Such as 'where did £12 million in 'other operating costs' over 3 years come from?" ?

T

Tim Chown

I suspect the comment in bold is due to there being so many companies closely linked to the club. Six or seven of them if I remember correctly.

And as a taxpayer I have to agree that they do that.

It was always the case that another tax bill was coming in, and another winding up order to follow if it wasn't paid. It doesn't matter whether it's £500k, £300k or £30k if we don't have the money.

And the total debts are so big that no one is likely to take them on now when administration (for them) offers a stronger negotiation point and thus a cheaper buy-in.

So will it's terrible news for all concerned, administration seems inevitable.

I hope one of the investor groups then steps forward. And that they get good karma from the start by paying off the local small business creditors preferentially.

L

Laughter My Ploy

Waraqah":2rei8lpl said:
IJN":2rei8lpl said:

Such as 'where did £12 million in 'other operating costs' over 3 years come from?" ?

I would have thought the relationship and interaction between all the companies linked by PAFC - vat juggling and suchlike....though it could also look for any 'cash' payments or tax avoidance as opposed to tax planning

A

Anonymous

The very sad fact is, if the Japanese money HAD come, it would be looking a little rosier now.

Still, as people have said, now Admin is inevitable, we can face up to it, be embarrassed for our club and then move on.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
How would Wrathall and Dennerley leaving before Adminstration work?

It wouldn't make sense if they are leaving because they have sold out to someone, because who would buy in knowing Admin was on the way? They can't just walk away from things without transferring their shares (and responsibility) to someone can they? If they can, then who would want them at this stage?

I don't get this at all.

Jul 29, 2010
IJN":3jpae6y4 said:
The very sad fact is, if the Japanese money HAD come, it would be looking a little rosier now.

Still, as people have said, now Admin is inevitable, we can face up to it, be embarrassed for our club and then move on.

Take the hit, get rid of the poo.

B

BBCJohn

The Doctor":2r8q2hco said:
How would Wrathall and Dennerley leaving before Adminstration work?

It wouldn't make sense if they are leaving because they have sold out to someone, because who would buy in knowing Admin was on the way? They can't just walk away from things without transferring their shares (and responsibility) to someone can they? If they can, then who would want them at this stage?

I don't get this at all.

You could resign as a director but remain a shareholder, like SurRoy.

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
IJN":dh18nqc6 said:

If that wrecking ball Staplecock is still here after the crap we have been through, then something is wrong in this world.