PAST & DT 'loan' to PAFC | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

PAST & DT 'loan' to PAFC

Where, who to?

• To PAFC - Save the club (as it has).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To Argyle Fans Trust (give it a great start)

• Stay in the bank (where it is safe)

• Used for local youth football (non PAFC)

• Total voters

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
I think its gone to the right place, albeit, on a commercial loan basis. That way it still belongs to the Trust.

I guess the only worry is the safety of the loan with the precarious state Argyle are in.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Right place for me too.

Jan 7, 2004
tonycholwell":1rdga7vn said:
I think its gone to the right place, albeit, on a commercial loan basis. That way it still belongs to the Trust.

I guess the only worry is the safety of the loan with the precarious state Argyle are in.

:iagree: Though it would have been nice for a sum to go to the supporters trust. Maybe in the future that could happen.

I couldnt bring myself to say "Save PAFC" because that is the directors job.

The Trusts mission statement is clear as to what the money should be used for.

Having said that, if its a temporary commercial loan that hastens the departure of the present board and gets repaid in full, it has gone to good use, but thats not where it "should" have gone.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Kevin_Dacombe":1e7evce7 said:
I think it should have been spent the way the trust was set up and intended to spend it, on youth development and training in the south west region.
Spot on; the Trust has Charitable objectives.

However, the Trust haven't GIVEN the club the money, they have LOANED it as an investment that they have said will give a better return than they are getting at the moment.

I can accept that provide the security is genuine and the returns reflect the risk. If that's in place and the Trust gets all its money back with an appropriate return then great, everyone's a winner.

I don't know the detail of the regulation for charities around this area but the comment somewhere that the Trust is not a bank is well made. I just hope that the Trustees took THEIR OWN legal advice on this.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Kevin_Dacombe":3cfzsj3k said:
I think it should have been spent the way the trust was set up and intended to spend it, on youth development and training in the south west region.

Why isn't that a Poll option?

I agree. Buy the sports ground near HP for training & youths etc

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Greenblooded1":eowkz4dr said:
Kevin_Dacombe":eowkz4dr said:

Why isn't that a Poll option?

I agree. Buy the sports ground near HP for training & youths etc

4th option?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The problem with this poll is their are too many options, everyone will say look option A is nearly 3 times more popular than the other options yet if you add options B,C,D then option A is in the minority.
So maybe the vote should have been, should PAST&DT have loaned the money to Argyle yes or no.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Should have gone to youth training.Having said that had it not gone to the club that could have been the last nail in the coffin so i dont blame the trust for doing what they thought was right.As things stand i cannot see them ever getting it back.

L

Laughter My Ploy

I believe and hope they did the right thing having taken the best possible advice for the best possible reasons....unenviable decision making

Made my contempt the Argyle board absolute...that they went to and took the money from the Trust after they had treated it so shabbily in the recent past...show the depths to which the blighters have sunk

A

Anonymous

Laughter My Ploy":1scm9g4t said:
Made my contempt the Argyle board absolute...that they went to and took the money from the Trust after they had treated it so shabbily in the recent past...show the depths to which the blighters have sunk

That's a cracking point.