peter reid is paying youth players himself | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

peter reid is paying youth players himself

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
a friend up the gym last night told me he heard that the legend peter reid is paying the youth team members out of his own finances. a believable rumour about a real genteman.

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
I need to go to your gym!!

Good to hear if true, which I have no reason to question. Only thing I would question is calling Reid a legend.

He has made some really great gestures to the club and been a gentleman of dignity throughout this season, but the results on the pitch have left alot to be desired....He is good, but not great!

But anyway, good on him

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Wouldn't surprise me, a lovely fellow.

I hope he is able to build his own team in the future and we can achieve success together. A lesser man would have complained and walked out months ago, but he does the opposite.

Sep 3, 2009
If true, then a touch of class, that.

Reid should not be hung out to dry for on-field performances. He should be given the opportunity - 2 seasons minimum - to get us out of League 2, once this whole sorry affair is done and dusted.

Mar 11, 2008
Bsingstoke
I hope Reidy has paid for Stapleton to go on his trip to Dubai too. Its a shame if the vice-chair/secretary/director/businessman/accountant has had to suffer the hardship of paying for his own holiday in these testing times whilst junior players are getting handouts!

R

ray rowlands

The bloke is mustard fair play.Hope he gets the chance to build the team and stay on in the future.

M

MylesPAFC

This rumour definitely has legs, especially due to the fact that argyle don't pay the youth players wages. Might be a slight hiccup :wink:

Jul 1, 2006
Marlin":2xsdij7b said:
I hope Reidy has paid for Stapleton to go on his trip to Dubai too. Its a shame if the vice-chair/secretary/director/businessman/accountant has had to suffer the hardship of paying for his own holiday in these testing times whilst junior players are getting handouts!

One-way ticket.

Jan 24, 2009
,plymouth
i know how much luke young got for playing the other night, so if peter reid did pay it then that makes him a very top bloke .

J

jannerjoe

matteh.":3ptphmqn said:
lockie":3ptphmqn said:
i know how much luke young got for playing the other night, so if peter reid did pay it then that makes him a very top bloke .

Judging by Jack Stephens, £500?

£500 for starting, £200 for being on the bench